Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 01:59 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Sometimes I just forget to smoke weed, its a hell of a thing, I says to myself, I says," What was I thinking?" I am certain my forgetfulness couldnt be the weed so I have decided to look into this thing as far as I can take a thing, and then I ponder, I mean stuck in a loop of stupid unable to figure out what has gone wrong, and then I say to myself, " O well, I will just pretend that I meant to not smoke all along, and that seems to make it better, but I am not sure, I mean, what made me forget and how can I stop this from ever happening again?

Well, I dont have all the answers but I do know that my beetle I keep in my matchbox recently turned facing east, I know that my horse has been very angry with me or its just my imagination but he keeps giving me these looks like he's waiting on something and the horse knows more than me.

Strange times we are living in and I need all the help I can get, ravens circle my house and have recently run off the crows, there they sit on the water tower all positioned in a hierarchy, at least 30 of them, and two of them I know, they bring me anything shiny in trade for meals, in one day, one of the ravens brought me a rat while the other brought a cheap necklace but I never take it off, has a dolphin skipping across the water.

Here just recently I have noticed other strange occurences, I saw an eagle lose a battle to a serpent, and when I saw it, the air became bitter and my nose started itching, and then I knew there was a witch, damn the bad luck, witches, they ruin everything, didnt we just have a plague? Witches. Where is the witch hunter when we need one?

Yea, they aint never around when you need one.
Are you using weed for physical ailments or are you just pulling my leg Hanni?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 07:09 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Are you using weed for physical ailments or are you just pulling my leg Hanni?
O jus clowning around, devil lettuce bad. Funny how you see so many movies blaming witches for everything.

Old 05-24-2023, 04:03 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Seen a real witch fallen angels in a vision a couple of weeks ago, in the vision there were about fifty people running and hiding in the background when there were two spirit orbs shaped round floating there like the sun with a bright face like the sun ..... When God yelled at me, `It's a witch``.... so I turned to this witch and grabbed it and smashed it face against a hard surface ..... Then I rebuked the witch to Jesus and all the spirits were ripped out and gone is seconds `Glory to God ``.......... Spook me about this sometimes you see these orbs in UFO shows on TV but to see one with a face is way out ..... God spirit told me that this was a wicked spirit and definitely not of Him

Old 05-24-2023, 04:19 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Merry Meet everyone, I am a full practicing Christian/Wiccan/Shamanistic Witch and I thought it would be fun to have a light hearted post where you can ask a witch anything you wonder about in a safe non judgemental environment. I am by no means an expert on any subject but I have vast experiences with people of all Faith's and personal rituals I use during Sabbaths and Esbats celebrations I perform on my own. I can't speak for all witches when I reply, but I will give the best honest answers I have to demystify witchcraft and hopefully put a human face to The Craft I humbly perform.

Thanks and can't wait to here from you family, Blessed Be!
From one Christian to another, I do have a question.

How would you explain the difference between conventional Christian sacraments, and Wiccan rituals?

Old 05-24-2023, 05:57 PM

You could ask that question to any Christian.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You could ask that question to any Christian.
But I'm asking a Wiccan Christian.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
But I'm asking a Wiccan Christian.
Fair enough.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:01 PM

529 posts, read 181,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
From one Christian to another, I do have a question.

How would you explain the difference between conventional Christian sacraments, and Wiccan rituals?
Merry Meet Oakback and thanks for your question. I am so sorry, because at first, I wasn't sure what you meant by Christian Sacraments, so I had to google it on the website lol. Ok now that I googled that word, I am assuming you mean Baptism, The Lord's supper, How Wiccan's Worship, and Prayers?

I'll try to stick to these subjects because I think they are key in understanding the similarities and differences between the two faiths and hope I can give you some insight into the private practices of Wiccan Groups that most Christians will never get to see; even though most Wiccan Covens have no problems inviting Christian Guest to attend their open Circle, as long as they are respectful and not disruptive.

So, I guess I will start with the worship aspects of Chrisian and Wicca first because I really find it fascinating. To me it seems that Christian's view of God is that He is omnipotent, and so far above them, that he is unreachable without Jesus Christ. They have tremendous respect and fear of Him too!

Wiccans generally look at their Divine as a trusted friend you can look up to, someone that has knowledge, and wisdom, like a mother or father figure that can guide you in times of confusion, protection, celebrations, and company. Wiccans tend to respect their Divine rather than worship them, at least that is the feeling I get when I attend their ceremonies.

Also, you should note that Christianity is a Monotheistic Religion and Wicca is generally a Polytheistic one. Where there is usually A Patron Goddess and a God sometimes referred to as "The Lord and The Lady". Just like life needs a woman and man to procreate, the God's have a Feminine and Masculine Divine to create life too. I feel so lucky that I have a father that is Catholic and a mother that is Protestant and the only reason I'm mentioning this is because it gave me a better insight to the Christian Faith.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone because I want to speak from the Heart, but Catholicism and Wicca have many similarities I really enjoy. Catholics have a Monotheistic God, but they also have, Arch Angels and saints they pray to as well. Wicca has the Patron Gods "Lord and Lady" but can also have minor goddess and gods too, but we don't pray to them in our services, we invoke them.

Instead of praying for the Goddesses/Gods to come to us, we invite them to join our celebrations, to enter our sacred circle that we use as a temporary church for the Gods and Goddesses to join us. The High priestess can use anointing oils or sage to bless the coven to purify them before our service rituals begin, but it is not mandatory. It's really up to the individual coven to decide what is best for them.

Because rituals are so varied from different covens, I will only describe one ritual that I had the honor to participate in with the Legendary Viviane Crowley who is a renowned British Author, Psychologist, University Lecturer and Wiccan High Priestess. In her service she called upon the Arch Angels of Michael, Gabriel, Raphiel and Uriel to represent the 4 corners of our Earth, Air, Fire, and Water most Wiccans acknowledge as sacred points within a circle. Oh, her voice was so Angelic and hauntingly beautiful when she called upon the Angels to invite them to our ceremony.

Most Wiccans celebrate the 8 major Sabbaths during an Earth year that coincide with the 4 seasons of Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter and the 4 midpoints between the seasons too. In addition to Sabbaths, some Wiccans also honor the Esbats too. An Esbat is the 4 phases of the moon from New, first quarter, Full and waning third quarter of the moon phase. Sabbaths are generally celebrations and Esbats are more for Rituals, workings and the closest similarity to Christian prayers. Drawing down the moon is invoking or inviting the Goddess into your soul that I would consider the closest thing to Baptism that I can think of from a Christian's point of view. Drawing down the Moon usually only happens during a full moon phase.

Covens don't really have a Baptism for its members. You can get anointed, or cleansed by sage before a Circle cast ritual or celebration occurs, but it's not really a Baptism, just a cleansing. If a Wicca witch wants to join a coven, they don't have to be Baptized to join a coven, but they will usually start off as an initiate witch. This involves a year and a day dedication, to live a spiritual life as you also try to understand more about yourself and why you are a special connection to the universe we are from. It's really a wonderful journey to take and it really helps your self-esteem, confidence, patience, and understanding while you are taking your spiritual journey.

Wicca Witches do not worship Satan or mock Christianity in any way. Their celebrations, magical workings and invoking's are centered around Earth and Nature, not God and the Devil. I think that is important for Christians to note. During the Sacred Celebrations witches perform it is so much fun. There is laughter, a sense of belonging to a family, a chance to be a kid and to celebrate life to it's fullest! Also, if you make a mistake during a ritual, laughter is required, because in the end we are all humans and it's ok to make mistakes.

I guess I should also inform you that Witchcraft is not a religion, it is a skill or a talent a practitioner of magick uses, so rituals performed strictly by a witch that has no affiliation with any Wicca or Pagan religion does not have any Divine figures to call or worship during their magical workings. the best way I can describe this to you is that you are a Christian, but let's say you love knitting, fishing, singing etc. Well even though you are a Christian when you are doing something you love, you don't pray to God when you are engaging in your secular activity. You're just working on your hobby, project or activity that you love to do separate from God. A secular witch does not have to pray to a Goddess or God either when they are performing their rituals, spells, magickal workings. There is so much to talk when it comes to the basic similarities and differences between Christians and Wiccans, but I better stop for now, otherwise this article is going to turn into a book sheesh ha-ha. If f you have any additional questions or want more specific details of what happens during a ritual, let me know, I will be more than happy to answer them for you. Well, the final description I would like to share with you before I go is this:

Just like Christianity there are religious songs Wiccans might sing during their rituals or celebrations. I highly recommend you check out this YouTube site to get a glimpse how pagans look and interact with each other during this wonderful German Song! Thanks for asking your question, I hope what I shared help, love you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOvsyamoEDg

Last edited by High.priestess.Sarah; 05-24-2023 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: Bad grammar and spelling problems again sorry ;)

Old 05-25-2023, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Merry Meet Oakback and thanks for your question. I am so sorry, because at first, I wasn't sure what you meant by Christian Sacraments, so I had to google it on the website lol. Ok now that I googled that word, I am assuming you mean Baptism, The Lord's supper, How Wiccan's Worship, and Prayers?

I'll try to stick to these subjects because I think they are key in understanding the similarities and differences between the two faiths and hope I can give you some insight into the private practices of Wiccan Groups that most Christians will never get to see; even though most Wiccan Covens have no problems inviting Christian Guest to attend their open Circle, as long as they are respectful and not disruptive.

So, I guess I will start with the worship aspects of Chrisian and Wicca first because I really find it fascinating. To me it seems that Christian's view of God is that He is omnipotent, and so far above them, that he is unreachable without Jesus Christ. They have tremendous respect and fear of Him too!

Wiccans generally look at their Divine as a trusted friend you can look up to, someone that has knowledge, and wisdom, like a mother or father figure that can guide you in times of confusion, protection, celebrations, and company. Wiccans tend to respect their Divine rather than worship them, at least that is the feeling I get when I attend their ceremonies.

Also, you should note that Christianity is a Monotheistic Religion and Wicca is generally a Polytheistic one. Where there is usually A Patron Goddess and a God sometimes referred to as "The Lord and The Lady". Just like life needs a woman and man to procreate, the God's have a Feminine and Masculine Divine to create life too. I feel so lucky that I have a father that is Catholic and a mother that is Protestant and the only reason I'm mentioning this is because it gave me a better insight to the Christian Faith.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone because I want to speak from the Heart, but Catholicism and Wicca have many similarities I really enjoy. Catholics have a Monotheistic God, but they also have, Arch Angels and saints they pray to as well. Wicca has the Patron Gods "Lord and Lady" but can also have minor goddess and gods too, but we don't pray to them in our services, we invoke them.

Instead of praying for the Goddesses/Gods to come to us, we invite them to join our celebrations, to enter our sacred circle that we use as a temporary church for the Gods and Goddesses to join us. The High priestess can use anointing oils or sage to bless the coven to purify them before our service rituals begin, but it is not mandatory. It's really up to the individual coven to decide what is best for them.

Because rituals are so varied from different covens, I will only describe one ritual that I had the honor to participate in with the Legendary Viviane Crowley who is a renowned British Author, Psychologist, University Lecturer and Wiccan High Priestess. In her service she called upon the Arch Angels of Michael, Gabriel, Raphiel and Uriel to represent the 4 corners of our Earth, Air, Fire, and Water most Wiccans acknowledge as sacred points within a circle. Oh, her voice was so Angelic and hauntingly beautiful when she called upon the Angels to invite them to our ceremony.

Most Wiccans celebrate the 8 major Sabbaths during an Earth year that coincide with the 4 seasons of Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter and the 4 midpoints between the seasons too. In addition to Sabbaths, some Wiccans also honor the Esbats too. An Esbat is the 4 phases of the moon from New, first quarter, Full and waning third quarter of the moon phase. Sabbaths are generally celebrations and Esbats are more for Rituals, workings and the closest similarity to Christian prayers. Drawing down the moon is invoking or inviting the Goddess into your soul that I would consider the closest thing to Baptism that I can think of from a Christian's point of view. Drawing down the Moon usually only happens during a full moon phase.

Covens don't really have a Baptism for its members. You can get anointed, or cleansed by sage before a Circle cast ritual or celebration occurs, but it's not really a Baptism, just a cleansing. If a Wicca witch wants to join a coven, they don't have to be Baptized to join a coven, but they will usually start off as an initiate witch. This involves a year and a day dedication, to live a spiritual life as you also try to understand more about yourself and why you are a special connection to the universe we are from. It's really a wonderful journey to take and it really helps your self-esteem, confidence, patience, and understanding while you are taking your spiritual journey.

Wicca Witches do not worship Satan or mock Christianity in any way. Their celebrations, magical workings and invoking's are centered around Earth and Nature, not God and the Devil. I think that is important for Christians to note. During the Sacred Celebrations witches perform it is so much fun. There is laughter, a sense of belonging to a family, a chance to be a kid and to celebrate life to it's fullest! Also, if you make a mistake during a ritual, laughter is required, because in the end we are all humans and it's ok to make mistakes.

I guess I should also inform you that Witchcraft is not a religion, it is a skill or a talent a practitioner of magick uses, so rituals performed strictly by a witch that has no affiliation with any Wicca or Pagan religion does not have any Divine figures to call or worship during their magical workings. the best way I can describe this to you is that you are a Christian, but let's say you love knitting, fishing, singing etc. Well even though you are a Christian when you are doing something you love, you don't pray to God when you are engaging in your secular activity. You're just working on your hobby, project or activity that you love to do separate from God. A secular witch does not have to pray to a Goddess or God either when they are performing their rituals, spells, magickal workings. There is so much to talk when it comes to the basic similarities and differences between Christians and Wiccans, but I better stop for now, otherwise this article is going to turn into a book sheesh ha-ha. If f you have any additional questions or want more specific details of what happens during a ritual, let me know, I will be more than happy to answer them for you. Well, the final description I would like to share with you before I go is this:

Just like Christianity there are religious songs Wiccans might sing during their rituals or celebrations. I highly recommend you check out this YouTube site to get a glimpse how pagans look and interact with each other during this wonderful German Song! Thanks for asking your question, I hope what I shared help, love you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOvsyamoEDg
Thank you. Very interesting.
I think I have a much better picture now.

Sounds almost like Native American spirituality with its connection to the terrestrial.

I too see God as paternal and maternal in nature. And consider Jesus as a friend. He even referred to Himself as such.

Although daily activities, work, and hobbies are not necessarily " religious " in nature, I do try to practice spiritual principles in all I do.
These activities can and should ( IMHO) glorify The Creator ( God). They can even be a form of worship.

I think you've put to rest ( in my mind at least) that wiccans are some kind of evil fire breathing demons.

Sounds even very 1960ish, ritualistically. I have visions of flowers in the hair, and happiness everywhere.

Old 05-25-2023, 10:40 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,204,217 times
Ask a Witch?? OK: What is the difference between a good witch and a bad witch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism