Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 03:16 AM

181 posts, read 358,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
And to that I disagree. If it has any effect in the real world then it can be measured and Analyzed. Also if it can't be proven then it is worthless to consider!
Examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 04:20 PM

11 posts, read 43,491 times
Ok. So are there any more thoughts on the street Jason lived on.. or around Benson high school? After Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were found, we certainly can't give up now. You never know.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:24 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,060,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
bosco, there is media bias on both sides (whether it be the so called christian media white-washing prospeirty gospel pimps and self-professed prophets on tv

or the liberal media (which refers to pro-lifers as "anti-abortion")

but yes, there is media bias in omaha (the omaha world hearld for sure leans left and has been a leftist paper way before Buffett bought it)

as for OPS cover-ups, the Shad Knuston abuses that happened at Nathan Hale was hushed-up by OPS board for years until some folks blew the whistle.

the OPS board being secretive a lot is why there has been so much hate towards most OPS board members
I think you need to learn what a "coverup" is. The Knutson case was not a coverup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
they bought a jury and a judge. i mean, u dont honestly believe with money and power, u could buy ur way out of being convicted for a crime.

having money and power has helped a lot of politicians and famous folks get special treatment from the justice system.

i mean, just because someone isnt found guilty, dont mean there are innocent of the crimes they are accused of. (coughs, OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony
So you're claiming they bought not one but two judges and all the subsequent members of the grand juries? Also, are you claiming that money and power are the reasons OJ and Casey Anthony were acquitted?

Old 05-07-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I think you need to learn what a "coverup" is.
Would the Douglas County DA charging a former OPD officer with a felony for what he did consist of a cover up? Even though you are in Florida, I am sure you are up to snuff about the case.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:15 PM

817 posts, read 1,769,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettB View Post
Examples?
Of what? Something that does not exist? Something that can't be proven? Something that can be proven? Perhaps you should phrase your questions clearer.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Of what? Something that does not exist? Something that can't be proven? Something that can be proven? Perhaps you should phrase your questions clearer.
Your words....

Quote:
And to that I disagree. If it has any effect in the real world then it can be measured and Analyzed. Also if it can't be proven then it is worthless to consider!

Any effect on the real world ... blah blah blah...

Provide example...

Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettB View Post
Would the Douglas County DA charging a former OPD officer with a felony for what he did consist of a cover up? Even though you are in Florida, I am sure you are up to snuff about the case.
Link me and I'll take a look.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM

What does that have to do with the Knutson case? I'm confused here.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
What does that have to do with the Knutson case? I'm confused here.
I was trying to get your opinion whether this OPD case constitutes as a cover-up or not. And if not, why not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha