Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 12:56 PM

99 posts, read 51,910 times

Advertisements

that and 4 bucks will get you a coffee at Starbucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 08:54 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,775,293 times
My point is, virtually every Mexican, including those who don't look native, has a substantial amount of native blood due to 500 years of co-mingling. Even those fair-skinned Mexicans who claim "direct descendancy from Spain" are going to be suprised by their blood tests.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:42 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,232,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
My point is, virtually every Mexican, including those who don't look native, has a substantial amount of native blood due to 500 years of co-mingling. Even those fair-skinned Mexicans who claim "direct descendancy from Spain" are going to be suprised by their blood tests.
It's a good point but not at all surprising, 99% of Mexicans will tell you that they are mestizos even if they look as a black or white person.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:25 PM

10,061 posts, read 14,935,470 times
This woman from Mexico City got her DNA results from 23andme.

Old 12-11-2018, 03:42 AM

622 posts, read 427,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
There are some people who believe that the Americas (North and south) had a population equivalent to that of Europe at the conquest. Certainly Tenochtitlan (Mexico City) would have an urban population on a par with the greatest urban centers of Europe.

In comparison in the Mexican territories later annexed by the USA, there were no major urban centers.

Your comment about demographics of the mid 19th century and today make perfect sense.

Much larger, but plagues reduced the Amerindian population to one million,
This thread is grossly stupid, reminds the old discussion about Jewish blood among the Geman aristocracy, they all have Jewish blood, and most Nazis too. Jewish blood among Spanish Inquisitors, almost all or "Native American" blood among nordic European, all of them.
Slanted eyed Scandinavians and Slavs and Native American are related,
Tatars, Alans, Huns, Magyars and a large etcetera, are related to NA.
Skin colour is inconsequential, caucasics and the rest were all as black as Sydney Poiter 30.000 years ago.

Last edited by CHESTER MANIFOLD; 12-11-2018 at 03:51 AM..

Old 12-11-2018, 05:59 AM

1,665 posts, read 973,674 times
Or Native Americans have Mexican DNA as well.

Several years back I discovered that I was part Native American. The tribe is Chitimatcha, located in S. Louisiana. Some of the native words looked familiar as before we have traveled to some Mayan sites in Mexico. Wife and I started to talk about some similarities between the two and discovered this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totozoquean_languages

But I could be wrong about the DNA. Just thinking out loud. Planning on doing more DNA tests in the future.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:03 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,469,216 times
Mexico IS part of North America. It's the same thing. North America is a continent, not a country and Mex is certainly included.

I think I was taught this in 1st grade. There are 7 continents.

7 Continents of the World - Worldometers

Old 08-22-2019, 03:04 PM

5 posts, read 4,820 times
Why would it be surprising that Mexicans have Native American DNA? Mexico is strongly rooted in it's Mesoamerican civilizations.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:01 AM
FBF

601 posts, read 932,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Yes and no. Mestizo just meqns you are mix Amerindian and European and looks can vary depending on genetics and who you married having more Amerindian kr European genes. But you ha e ethnic enclaves in big cities where people from Europe, Asia, and Middle East immigrated and still married within their ethnicity or race amd are either naturalized Mexicans or borm Mexican due to being born and growing up there.

Mexico had an immigration wave in the 20th century.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:39 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,001,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Most people will love to point out the differences between a German and an Italian, but when it comes to Native Americans, they are just all little brown Indians, all the same.

Racism plays a huge factor in anything having to do with Native Americans in the Americas- their medical knowledge isnt 'serious' medicine, their languages are dialects, etc...etc....

Sad but true.
It is usually people of very obvious Indian descent that try to say they are all the same...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico