Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 09:54 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,361,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
And I applaud "aseh l'cha rav" (choose a rabbinic voice for yourself to follow consistently) but before one asks a specific rav for a psak/decision, one should know the variety of opinions. There was another citation to R. Herschel Schachter but the link went to another article; since I have a supposed quote but not the original source, I chose not to post it.
Yes, we discussed all the major opinions at shul yesterday. Main takeaway was that one should not hold by R Moshe’s opinion except in the greatest possible time of need.

A freilichen Purim to all of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2020, 10:04 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,355,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Birthright trips among the latest cancellations caused by the coronavirus

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Birth...navirus-619974
This is just for Birthright trips scheduled in March. One of my nieces is scheduled to go on a Birthright trip in June. So I assume it's too early to know what will happen with that.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:43 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
This is just for Birthright trips scheduled in March. One of my nieces is scheduled to go on a Birthright trip in June. So I assume it's too early to know what will happen with that.
Don't assume anything as Israel is shutting down parts of the airport already.

Ben Gurion Airport Terminal 1 to close to intl. traffic

Ben Gurion Airport Terminal 1 to close to intl. traffic - Inside Israel - Israel National News

Old 03-08-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Israel reportedly decides on self-quarantine for arrivals from NY, Wash., CA

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...rnia-arrivals/
What about passengers flying of Newark Airport (which is technically in New Jersey)? EWR is considered a NYC area but isn't in NYC or NY State!

Old 03-08-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
What about passengers flying of Newark Airport (which is technically in New Jersey)? EWR is considered a NYC area but isn't in NYC or NY State!
It's not going to matter at this point as here's the latest.

Israel mulls quarantine for Israelis returning from all countries over coronavirus

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/HJPWuizSU

I was going to Israel for Pesach next month, and I cancelled my tickets. Delta fully refunded me. I think it'll be the first Pesach I haven't spent in Israel in over 30 years.

Old 03-08-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Don't assume anything as Israel is shutting down parts of the airport already.

Ben Gurion Airport Terminal 1 to close to intl. traffic

Ben Gurion Airport Terminal 1 to close to intl. traffic - Inside Israel - Israel National News
Yes but there are still international flights coming into and being processed and the passengers let into the country.

Quote:
It's not going to matter at this point as here's the latest.

Israel mulls quarantine for Israelis returning from all countries over coronavirus

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/HJPWuizSU
Israel wants to isolate itself from the world but that can be problematic as it will separate immediate family members especially if there are emergency situations, etc.

Old 03-08-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Israel wants to isolate itself from the world but that can be problematic as it will separate immediate family members especially if there are emergency situations, etc.
Have you forgotten how the US acted in 2014 during the Ebola scare? Every time I went in to any medical facility I was asked three questions:

Do you have a fever?

Have you traveled outside the country in the last 21 days?

Have you been in contact with anyone who has traveled outside the country in the last 21 days?

Old 03-08-2020, 06:14 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,760 times
Quote:
I dropped 2 people off at 6:30 at the El Al terminal in Newark so I hope that their 9PM flight gets to leave. I did read that one Newark flight tomorrow night was cancelled.

Old 03-09-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Have you forgotten how the US acted in 2014 during the Ebola scare? Every time I went in to any medical facility I was asked three questions:

Do you have a fever?

Have you traveled outside the country in the last 21 days?

Have you been in contact with anyone who has traveled outside the country in the last 21 days?
I don't remember at all as I don't think I traveled outside the USA in 2014. Also I don't remember being asked that by any doctors or any medical facilities at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
I dropped 2 people off at 6:30 at the El Al terminal in Newark so I hope that their 9PM flight gets to leave. I did read that one Newark flight tomorrow night was cancelled.
Flights are still going to Israel. Ben Gurion Airport is open but I think they are using the old/former international terminal (which is smaller than the new one) for incoming/outgoing international flights. The real question is will the passengers be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival?!

Old 03-09-2020, 01:29 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
I don't remember at all as I don't think I traveled outside the USA in 2014. Also I don't remember being asked that by any doctors or any medical facilities at that time. Flights are still going to Israel. Ben Gurion Airport is open but I think they are using the old/former international terminal (which is smaller than the new one) for incoming/outgoing international flights. The real question is will the passengers be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival?!
"Any IDF soldier returning from abroad won't be able to serve for 14 days. All soldiers, even those who went to countries not on the Health Ministry's list, will be barred from IDF bases for two weeks."

"While the soldiers who return from travel abroad will not be able to return to duty they will not have to be in quarantine unless returning from countries affected from the novel coronavirus."

https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/...2-weeks-620320
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism