Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 10:54 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times

Advertisements

Avs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2023, 05:35 AM

22,558 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Kraken!
Gru had a heck of a game.

Old 05-01-2023, 08:43 AM

3,657 posts, read 2,937,139 times
Any ideas on how to get my 500 back from betting on the Bruins to win it all.
No, I don't want to work OT or do side jobs on weekends.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:33 AM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Sergei Bobvorsky does not fear teams that win 60+games.

And Seattle, wow!

Old 05-03-2023, 10:17 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Here I am watching LVGK vs Oilers thinking Eichel, and McDavid will put on a show, but nope, they not doing anything spectacular.

Id be happy with a Mcdavid vs Auston Final or an Eichel vs Auston final. Laine needs to go to a contender.

Anyone else find the first round much more exciting? NJ vs NY was very exciting. Florida, and Boston went to a game 7 and Boston had good story. Sorry for their exit.

This second round though, they all seem tired. The first games of the second look slow. That is why I think they need to lessen the number of regular season games, and start playoffs earlier. You can even give them a little more time off between rounds.

Old 05-03-2023, 10:37 PM

Or what they can do is first and second rounds are only 5 games instead of 7. This way upsets will not likely happen. The better regular season record gets first two games at home, then two games away with fifth game back. With this, the regular season record will matter more and give it more meaning/value. Teams with better regular season wins should get a better chance at winning.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:07 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Here I am watching LVGK vs Oilers thinking Eichel, and McDavid will put on a show, but nope, they not doing anything spectacular.

Id be happy with a Mcdavid vs Auston Final or an Eichel vs Auston final. Laine needs to go to a contender.

Anyone else find the first round much more exciting? NJ vs NY was very exciting. Florida, and Boston went to a game 7 and Boston had good story. Sorry for their exit.

This second round though, they all seem tired. The first games of the second look slow. That is why I think they need to lessen the number of regular season games, and start playoffs earlier. You can even give them a little more time off between rounds.
They need to change the playoff format back to 1-8. No reason why NJ and NYR should have faced each other in the first round. If anything, that should have been a conference final.
Now you move to the second round, and a solid cup contender is gone, while the other is all banged up from playing said team in Round 1.

I also agree with reducing the amount of regular season games. Hockey is an extremely physically-demanding sport, and would benefit tremendously from following similar schedule structures as soccer.

Old 05-06-2023, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
They need to change the playoff format back to 1-8. No reason why NJ and NYR should have faced each other in the first round. If anything, that should have been a conference final.
Now you move to the second round, and a solid cup contender is gone, while the other is all banged up from playing said team in Round 1.

I also agree with reducing the amount of regular season games. Hockey is an extremely physically-demanding sport, and would benefit tremendously from following similar schedule structures as soccer.

Fans have been saying it for years 1-8 playoff format should return. There should be new matchups next year do you want to see another Tampa Toronto 1st round? I don't.

I won't hold my breath. The powers that be are stubborn, the more you tell them something the more they won't do it out just because.

Old 05-07-2023, 08:58 PM

I think NJ Devils will take this whole thing. Just seeing them get creamed first two games in series only to come back even stronger is messed up.

Old 05-08-2023, 07:42 PM

That draft lottery was fixed. When it came down to the final 3 Anaheim, Columbus, and Chicago the Espn feed cut to a commercial.

BUT right before it went to commercial Kevin Weeks said " when we come back we will find out whether Anaheim or Chicago gets the no. 1 pick" Either the man is psychic or the whole thing is a charade.

Its either La La land area or the 2nd biggest city in America.

F#@# the rigged NHL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey