Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 08:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
And Harris Teeter is also returning to Greenville, SC with an upscale flagship store. And I would guess they may have more locations for HT in mind as they return to the Upstate. And this time they now have the strong financial backing of Kroger. So Lowe's will be up against the same formidable competition that caused them to withdraw from Charlotte: Publix and Harris Teeter. As well as Ingle's. So they will definitely have a bit of a challenge.
Harris Teeter may have up to two unconfirmed additional locations in the upstate South Carolina region: a second store in the City of Greenville, and another store in Oconee County. The Kroger Company will look to increase its presence across the region through additional Harris Teeter stores and either Kroger stores or the acquisition of an existing regional participant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 10:09 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
I am setting out today for ox tails and chicken feet. LOL (it's for bone broth for us and gelatin broth for the dog) I would think Super G would have them as I am heading there first and then some lunch in their food court. If they don't have them, where else do you think? I think I have seen the feet over at Grand Asia and will stop by there on the way back if I am unsuccessful at Super G.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:14 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I am setting out today for ox tails and chicken feet. LOL (it's for bone broth for us and gelatin broth for the dog) I would think Super G would have them as I am heading there first and then some lunch in their food court. If they don't have them, where else do you think? I think I have seen the feet over at Grand Asia and will stop by there on the way back if I am unsuccessful at Super G.
Are you in Mecklenburg County?

Old 07-11-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Are you in Mecklenburg County?
Yep, SE Charlotte by the Indian Land, SC border.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Yep, SE Charlotte by the Indian Land, SC border.
Isn't there a Compare Foods closer than Super G?

Old 07-11-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Isn't there a Compare Foods closer than Super G?
I am not a fan of Compare...but I will go there if I have to. And no there aren't any closer to me than Super G or Grand Asia.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I am not a fan of Compare...but I will go there if I have to. And no there aren't any closer to me than Super G or Grand Asia.
I thought that Compare had a pretty good presence in Mecklenburg. I've seen both there when they had the store in Gastonia.

Sometime if you come out this way let me know & I'll give you 3 places to check out. The distance wouldn't matter if you found stuff if you had a cooler or a thermal bag. I used to hit Trader Joe's in Delaware & then spend about 3 hours shopping (no sales tax) & drive 45 minutes home, in 99 degree weather.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:56 AM

I think there are more Compare locations near Pineville and north. I don't think there's any at all close to me.

I am loathed to drive personally so I rarely venture out of my area. But hubby wants to take a look out there so I will tag along. I don't know when but I'll dm you when I do. I do wish there was an Ingles around me, I always stock up there when we go to Asheville.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I think there are more Compare locations near Pineville and north. I don't think there's any at all close to me.

I am loathed to drive personally so I rarely venture out of my area. But hubby wants to take a look out there so I will tag along. I don't know when but I'll dm you when I do. I do wish there was an Ingles around me, I always stock up there when we go to Asheville.
I remember you saying that. There's a place in Gastonia that I think is good. More often than not their lot is packed. The Ingles in Kings Mountain will cut to order in the meat department, & there's a place in Shelby that a friend tried recently & raved about.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:04 AM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
What are the Ingle's locations closest to Charlotte? Dallas or Kings Mountain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte