Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 02:56 PM

645 posts, read 706,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
$500 deductible is standard. I haven't had any company quote lower deductibles in many years.
For my current Geico the ded for collision is 500, then ded (other than collision) is 50 bucks.
For Travelers quote I got I see glass $50, comprehensive $100

Quote:
I don't see anything online about it. Are they pulling out of NV completely, just discontinuing auto and HO, temporarily or permanently?

They may have to non-renew policies at some point if they are pulling out of the state.

Find out more about it.
They are discontinuing personal lines coverage in my state, effective 5/9 according to my broker. But my quotes were before that so I am good for a year if I decide to go with them. But since they are pulling out of my state, is it better to go with another company or there should be no problem since they will honor it before 5/9? So far they got the best quotes for me.

Quote:
What other companies have you gotten quotes from? My own HO and auto is coming up next month. I see that Badger writes in AZ so I'll be checking them, too.
Yeah Badger got good rates check them out. Other than Badger there is Travelers, Stillwater, and one other but that one's premium is too much.

Buried utility line coverage and loss assessment for HO are those necessary? My house is less than 20 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 08:44 AM

Hi got some questions for you guys.....

So for HO and Auto I see that it's a little cheaper to pay the whole year vs monthly, but is there any disadvantage of doing that? Like maybe if later things change and I want to cancel and they only give me part of unused months or add BS fees etc..

Brokers get their commission from insurance company when I pay the premium right? per quote/year? So a year later is when I can check with broker again if they raise premium ?

Broker said they will help me later if I need to file a claim, or have questions etc., I thought they just find the insurance for you then that's it? Later I can always go through brokers or are they just all sweet talks.

Old 05-11-2023, 08:52 AM

4,938 posts, read 3,046,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post
I can only dream about the rates some of you are paying.

DW and I, 2 cars, no tickets, no accidents, over 800 FICO, 2 of the most boring cars on earth. 57 and 59 yo.

Almost $7,000/year. South Florida.

That's almost triple what I paid 20 years ago, in Ft. Lauderdale.
However, never have I seen more accidents; than in your state.

Old 05-13-2023, 07:49 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,938,725 times
https://www.insure.com/car-insurance...554%20a%20year.

How in the world is anyone with a good record paying that much over the FL average?

625 per month? Sounds insanely high and it is.

Old 05-13-2023, 12:35 PM

180 posts, read 132,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
https://www.insure.com/car-insurance...554%20a%20year.

How in the world is anyone with a good record paying that much over the FL average?

625 per month? Sounds insanely high and it is.
It is insanely high. We don’t pay $625/month, though. I said we pay almost $7,000/year. We pay $575/month. I can assure you, in 6 months, it will be $625/month. Nothing you can do about it. It’s all part of the cost of living in south Florida, insurance fraud capital of the world.

Old 05-13-2023, 01:01 PM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post
It is insanely high. We don’t pay $625/month, though. I said we pay almost $7,000/year. We pay $575/month. I can assure you, in 6 months, it will be $625/month. Nothing you can do about it. It’s all part of the cost of living in south Florida, insurance fraud capital of the world.

one in every eight drivers is uninsured nationwide, and Florida is sixth among the states with the highest percentages of uninsured drivers.

On average, 20.4% of Florida motorists remain uninsured. Somebody's got to pay.

Old 05-14-2023, 12:16 PM

131 posts, read 439,645 times
I'll just jump in here without reading the entire thread since my recent dumping of Geico.

Geico for over 20 years and 1 fender bender my fault, no tickets, FICO 820. I supposedly had all the discounts available and yet my premium went up this spring. Normal full coverage 6 months went from $350. to $450. I'm old, drive about 2000 miles a year and have an old small vehicle in Arizona.

I immediately looked around and am now covered by Progressive, exact same coverage, for $325. or a difference of $250. a year. We'll see what happens in 6 months.

I am astonished by what some of you are paying and I'm whining about my measly costs.

Old 05-14-2023, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaShadow View Post
I'll just jump in here without reading the entire thread since my recent dumping of Geico.

Geico for over 20 years and 1 fender bender my fault, no tickets, FICO 820. I supposedly had all the discounts available and yet my premium went up this spring. Normal full coverage 6 months went from $350. to $450. I'm old, drive about 2000 miles a year and have an old small vehicle in Arizona.

I immediately looked around and am now covered by Progressive, exact same coverage, for $325. or a difference of $250. a year. We'll see what happens in 6 months.

I am astonished by what some of you are paying and I'm whining about my measly costs.

Almost exactly the same as me, Geico raised my full coverage 6 months from 880 to 1080, also no accident/ticket/nothing for the last 15,20 years. Similar FICO, similar yearly mileage too. If anything they should lower it come on. They also raised my HO by almost 150 bucks, and the year before they raised it by 160 ish. Not cool. Also when I called I think I sound very stupid on the phone cause I asked a lot of questions, they won't tell you straight, hard to get an answer, really made me feel uncomfortable as a customer so finding new quotes currently. (2 cars , combined HP of around 730hp)

New quotes are mostly 900 for auto, Home went down 50 bucks! Always shop around when premium goes up or at least every 2 years to keep them honest I guess.

Old 05-14-2023, 11:18 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,938,725 times
I went from State Farm to Progressive almost 2 years ago and no rate increases.

For Kicks I go to Amica, Nationwide, State Farm, Farmers, Travelers to get quotes.. None of them come close to Progressive.

Maybe State Farm by a 300 hundred can match Progressive? The rest are 40 to 70 percent more.

You may be surprised. Progressive looks like they are trying to keep customers from Insurance hopping.

Old 05-15-2023, 08:56 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,969,505 times
I've never had so much difficulty. A lot of the companies required underwriting review which required 10-15 days to approve. They wanted payment first then underwriting review to approve the policy. The hell...I can't wait and let my current insurance expire.

I was with Mercury for several years. I was going to bundle my home with them once my home claim from 2018 exceeded 5 years...then they told me they don't want to insure my house anymore. I guess they were only interested when they could charge me for my loss. The auto went up nearly 40%. A lot of the other carriers were about the same price.

Farmers gave me a somewhat good deal. Then when I followed up on it they told me it was an error and they can't provide me an offer. Just insane process now. Agents took 2-3 days to get back to me.

I switched to Progressive this month. Extremely competitive rate. I was able to do it all online. Extremely small rate adjustment from 50/100 BI to 100/300 BI. I'm talking like 50 cents a month. Same thing from 50 to 100 PD.

Anyone with Geico...run. They are a burning trashcan right now. Just look at their employee reddit page if you don't believe...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance