Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 07:39 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,655,348 times

Advertisements

Hasnt the concern for the Nuggets so far this season been defense? I would think some of it is just effort because they arent a very un-athletic team, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 04:12 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,519,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
20/10/5 is arguably even more arbitrary than 18/10/6. 20/10/5 is based on our decimal number system, which is in turn based solely on the fact that we humans have 10 fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Hasnt the concern for the Nuggets so far this season been defense? I would think some of it is just effort because they arent a very un-athletic team, correct?

Jokic especially--if an opponent pushes the pace, Jokic will wear out.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:07 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Damn, my Nuggets just got washed by The Dubs. This can be a great learning tool though, I still believe!
They've learned a lot about losing to the dubs this season.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:59 PM

Choke.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:11 AM

5,820 posts, read 5,625,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Choke.
That was a horrible endgame sequence, and Malone should be up Murray's ass. First of all they had 13.5 or so seconds and this dummy rushed a jumper with 8 on the shot clock, and of course he missed and SA got the board...

Then he over dribbles up the floor after the free throws and gets stripped. The entire team played tight most of the game...

The Nuggets are on serious upset alert. They are only 5-6 in their last 11 regular season games and almost fell to the 3 seed. Consistently thumped by Golden State. Now, they have a veteran opponent, that experience disadvantage may do them in. I think the Spurs win this series and expose Denver as pretenders rather than contenders. They needed that 1 seed...

Old 04-21-2019, 08:40 PM

7,004 posts, read 11,301,565 times
Jokic was playing pinball with the Spurs last night. His highlights tend to showcase his finesse game, it was fun to watch him in game where he kept taking right it at another 7 footer over and over and over.

What do you guys think of his defense overall? I rarely get to watch the Nugs play in game settings, although Jokic is must-see TV on the daily highlight reels. I thought he struggled protecting the rim as a help defender, but played the pick-and-rolls pretty well. It seemed the Nuggets didn't want to switch, but did more hedging, trap and quickly recover, sag the big man back and concede mid-range stuff, etc.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Jokic was playing pinball with the Spurs last night. His highlights tend to showcase his finesse game, it was fun to watch him in game where he kept taking right it at another 7 footer over and over and over.

What do you guys think of his defense overall? I rarely get to watch the Nugs play in game settings, although Jokic is must-see TV on the daily highlight reels. I thought he struggled protecting the rim as a help defender, but played the pick-and-rolls pretty well. It seemed the Nuggets didn't want to switch, but did more hedging, trap and quickly recover, sag the big man back and concede mid-range stuff, etc.
He must be the best white nugget since Kiki Vandeweghe.

Old 05-05-2019, 05:54 AM

Jokic isnt a great defender, but his offense is elite...

I didnt see the game the other night, but once again Nugs down 1-2. Can they complete the comeback again?

Old 05-05-2019, 07:54 PM

Evidently.

I'm impressed with these Nuggets tonight. Didn't have the stomach to watch, so recorded the end of it, peaked at the score here and there, and decided to watch the last home-cooked minutes of this one.

What impresses me is how the Nuggets refused to give up their 3-4 point lead down the stretch.

Hope the folks who picked the Blazers with a line of -3 and Vegas lost a lot of money.

Jokic needs to rest up.

Old 05-05-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Evidently.

I'm impressed with these Nuggets tonight. Didn't have the stomach to watch, so recorded the end of it, peaked at the score here and there, and decided to watch the last home-cooked minutes of this one.

What impresses me is how the Nuggets refused to give up their 3-4 point lead down the stretch.

Hope the folks who picked the Blazers with a line of -3 and Vegas lost a lot of money.

Jokic needs to rest up.
This was a gut check game and the boys responded, I'm proud of them! Portland made several runs and Denver responded every time. Now they have to win 2 outta 3, with two on the home floor. I'm really impressed with how they mentally stepped up...

Jamal Murray frustrates the **** outta me sometimes but damn if he didnt play his ass off tonight!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball