Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 12:05 PM

2,244 posts, read 3,387,620 times

Advertisements

My car has lots of twins - white Toyota Corolla.

Once my mother was walking back to the car and she put her hands on the door… and a big Great Dane sat up. She was shocked. Not my dog, not my car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2024, 12:27 PM
KCZ

4,693 posts, read 3,704,104 times
Red Grand Cherokee...lots of twins.
Nissan Xterra...very common model where I live, but I've never seen another bright blue one in the 10+ years I've owned it.
Two sports cars...according to the manufacturer, one has no twin, and I've never even seen another one of the other model, let alone the same color, trim, etc.

Old 05-05-2024, 01:23 PM

8,602 posts, read 11,036,902 times
I keep vehicles for a long time, which makes them mostly classics, so finding a "twin" is not something that happens often.
I have had my 04 Corvette for ten years, and in all that time, have only seen another like it, and that was about three years ago in Pasadena.

Old 05-05-2024, 01:46 PM

23,471 posts, read 19,135,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
I know it's off topic, but has anyone seen their former car after selling it to someone else?

I think I did once, in a neighboring state a good 500 miles away from where I had lived at the time. It was around three years after I sold the vehicle and I was stopped at a gas station. Right away I noticed the red truck parked beside me, same one I used to have, same bed topper that was a slightly different color and never fit quite right. Could it be? I stared at it for a minute trying to ascertain if it was the same truck. The driver must have been inside the gas station eating or something, I never saw who was driving it now, so I left. Weird!
Yes. Two in fact. The first I sold to a co-worker so I'd see it every time he chose it to drive to work. Second I sold to the guy who painted my house. Actually, the person who traded in the car I bought used also lives in town. The car only spent 3 days on a dealer's lot 85 miles away before I bought it and drove it right back. Guess he could answer this question in the affirmative too!

Old 05-05-2024, 02:46 PM

4,736 posts, read 3,057,491 times
I don't own a vehicle, but a relative has a beige Toyota Camry.
When we're driving around, if I keep an eye out, I'm apt to see another like it.
I've joked that it would make a great getaway car for bank robbers,
for that reason... the cops could lose track of it among the lookalikes.

Old 05-05-2024, 03:18 PM

3,336 posts, read 9,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
I know it's off topic, but has anyone seen their former car after selling it to someone else?

I think I did once, in a neighboring state a good 500 miles away from where I had lived at the time. It was around three years after I sold the vehicle and I was stopped at a gas station. Right away I noticed the red truck parked beside me, same one I used to have, same bed topper that was a slightly different color and never fit quite right. Could it be? I stared at it for a minute trying to ascertain if it was the same truck. The driver must have been inside the gas station eating or something, I never saw who was driving it now, so I left. Weird!
Not our car but our F450 we traded in 2 years ago. A local contractor bought it an we see it from time to time. We kinda miss that truck. Not the cost of filling it up or putting tires on it but it was a really nice truck.

Old 05-05-2024, 03:21 PM

3,336 posts, read 9,209,898 times
The black Jeep Grand Cherokee, yes we did. Very popular color and car in this area.

Our current vehicle, we’ve seen the same model but our color, no, it’s a new color this year. We got an Azure Grey Ford Bronco Sport. Honestly it looks blue, not grey.

Old 05-05-2024, 06:24 PM

10,380 posts, read 8,622,158 times
I don’t think I will ever see my mclaren twin. Not that I don’t see plenty of them but I customized mine. The Ferrari I’ve seen some close twins. The Lexus fairly often, silver ls460. The f150 surprised haven’t seen its twin because there’s so many of them.

Old 05-05-2024, 08:20 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,526 posts, read 6,341,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
I've seen it a few times.

Given that most modern vehicles have limited availability of color and trim combinations, I think it is more likely to happen today than years ago.
I agree. I have a black Honda minivan. When I shop I have to be mindful of where I park it since everybody, and their brother has the same color. Sometimes I forget where I parked and I have to hold up my key fob and make it honk so I can find it.

Off topic. If I am alone after dark I do the honk thing as I approach my car. This makes people think theres somebody in the car honking at me. Hey over here.

Old 05-05-2024, 10:02 PM

292 posts, read 365,937 times
In 2017 I bought a black Audi S3. In the 3.5 years I owned it I never saw another one anywhere in Texas where I live or in any other city I went to. Saw A3s and one white S3 but never a black S3. My wife referred to it as "the Unicorn."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive