Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 11:21 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,757,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imj7 View Post
What's the weather like? Mid 60s and sunny here on LI.
Channel 9 says, right now, that it's 74 and partly cloudy.

Partly cloudy being, as usual, a period of an hour of cloudiness this morning with 10 minutes of rain, and mostly sunny ever since. My seedlings are pi$$ed.

It was 81 and nothing but sunny yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 11:24 AM

2,909 posts, read 4,269,040 times
Is even the weather that different??

I been outside all day on the netbook playing with the smoker.

Oneida has not had one minute of Sun since 7 am.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Is even the weather that different??

I been outside all day on the netbook playing with the smoker.

Oneida has not had one minute of Sun since 7 am.
I think it must be... but with how even the lake effect bands vary in power over the winter, it makes sense.

I was outside at 5:15 this morning and the sunlight was streaking ahead of sunrise. I ran errands between 8:30 and 9:30 (husband had to leave for work then) - in the Valley area south of Syracuse - and it was cloudy as soon as I entered Jamesville, rained heavily in the Valley>Loretto area as I came back and the sun broke back out shortly after I arrived home. I was *hoping* that the rain would arrive at home - even took all the sheets off the line in anticipation of what I'd just driven through - but nothing ever arrived. :/

This area isn't a hotspot for meteorologists all over the world for nothing!

Last edited by proulxfamily; 05-13-2011 at 11:54 AM..

Old 05-13-2011, 03:04 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,615,386 times
Just a reminder: It is graduation weekend. That means traffic, long waits to get a table, and no parking.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:31 PM

79 and still sunny. The UVA rays are STRONG today... went out for only half an hour or so and my forearms broke out. It seems too early for that to happen already?

Old 05-13-2011, 04:17 PM

93,175 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
Just a reminder: It is graduation weekend. That means traffic, long waits to get a table, and no parking.

True and pick your places wisely. Campus didn't seem to be that bad, you can tell that quite a few parents are around.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:30 PM

Killer day in Utica.

Stopped at the Amish store in Vernon to get spices. very cheap and I needed many for the rub I'm making.

On to BJ's. No brisket.

Off to Chanatry's Supermarket in Utica. Got my brisket at a reasonable price, not cheap by any means, but I am happy. Some Manny's cheesecake may have fallen into the basket, I can neither confirm or deny. Some fresh canoli almost did but I was able to fight them off (barely, it was touch or go for a minute).

Stopped at Home Depot, I been going to the one on Bridge St in Syracuse.

Going to Utica it always amazes me how many languages you hear in Utica. Kinda gives Utica a international feel. Even shot out to Barnveld for a little hint of Summer plans.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Some Manny's cheesecake may have fallen into the basket, I can neither confirm or deny. Some fresh canoli almost did but I was able to fight them off (barely, it was touch or go for a minute).
YUM - if you ever stop at Maines in North Syracuse, go a little north up Main Street and stop at Geddes Bakery. (Can't miss it... it screams GREEK with the font and colors. lol) Awesome canoli and gelati in season.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:55 PM

These trips into cities slay me.

In Oneida we have Walmart. And Price Chopper. Walmart is full of inbred scum wearing pajama bottoms and tanktops. UGH boots in the Winter or flip-flops in Summer. Tank top is cut low for the full muffin-top and tramp stamp effect. price Chopper just sucks outloud.

We have no bakeries at all. No nothing actually. Nothing at all. Well head shops, we have several of those. And a couple places to get a 40, stem and half a chore.

BTW a small bakery exists off Amory Square that may or may not have the BEST stretch bread. Cookies may only be so-so. Or so I heard.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:02 PM

93,175 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
YUM - if you ever stop at Maines in North Syracuse, go a little north up Main Street and stop at Geddes Bakery. (Can't miss it... it screams GREEK with the font and colors. lol) Awesome canoli and gelati in season.
Harrison Bakery on West Genesee has some good stuff as well. Columbus Bakery has good bread, as does Pastas in Armory Square. Big Mama's Cheesecakes in Northern Lights Plaza is pretty good too.

Wegmans at the corner of Pond and First North has a great mix of people, as does the Price Chopper at Midler and Erie Boulevard East.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area