Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 06:13 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,667,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
What's wrong with Dave and Busters? Maybe not your cup of tea, so it is for plenty of others, that's why its such a big business.

Santa Ana, no problems there, neat place, lots to see and do, but I respect that it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Why can't people just be ok that people have different tastes and interests than them and it doesn't make you better just because someone doesn't agree with your particular tastes.

That's what I love about OC, there is definitely something for everyone, and its very safe as well, with a climate that's tops!
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with D&B's. But if that is one's example of "nightlife" it's definitely not very impressive.

It would be in the same category of an AMC movie theater or a TGI Fridays, not something I would boast about in the category of nightlife.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:16 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,155,455 times
This thread has it all: information, useless indignation, entertainment, controversy, and the usual bickering about Santa Ana (the town that is the endless source of discussion on the OC forum). It's all good. As for Santa Ana, I was there a couple weeks ago, not to mention I take my nieces/nephews to the Discovery Center. It is NOT THAT BAD. Hell, look at Santa Ana, it is considerably safer than Oceanside or Ontario and even F-ing Livermore out in the sticks! Now that's funny! Santa Ana is not even in the bottom third!

As for D&B, it can be good clean fun albeit dorky fun. I just need a couple drinks in me and the entertainment starts rolling.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:45 PM

336 posts, read 412,316 times
How is Oakland 174...yet RIGHT next to Oakland's least safe parts, Alameda is 61?! So confused by (and skeptical about) how Alameda can be so safe. I know Albany stays safe by having police who respond very quickly and being a small, close-knit city; is that the deal in Alameda too or what? The slow 25mph in Alameda probably helps somewhat.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:06 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,715,832 times
Here's another one for you... the city of Piedmont California is not only very safe... it has top public schools and services.

Piedmont CA is 100% encircled by Oakland... no physical way to get to or leave from Piedmont without going through Oakland unless by air...

Piedmont also has 15 mph zones and a friend shrugged off getting a ticket for 28 miles an hour... the officer told him he was lucky because had he been driving 30, which is double the speed limit... he could be arrested!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piedmont,_California

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 06-07-2015 at 11:41 PM..

Old 06-07-2015, 11:34 PM

399 posts, read 407,528 times
So the brown and black areas of California are at the bottom of the list. Surprise, surprise. You can take the people out of the third world but you can't take the third world out of the people.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:39 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,715,832 times
Oakland is at the bottom of the list and there are just as many white people as black people as hispanic...

https://pics.city-data.com/craces2/2289.jpg

https://www.city-data.com/city/Oakland-California.html#b

Old 06-07-2015, 11:59 PM

21,759 posts, read 16,382,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureYogi View Post
How is Oakland 174...yet RIGHT next to Oakland's least safe parts, Alameda is 61?! So confused by (and skeptical about) how Alameda can be so safe. I know Albany stays safe by having police who respond very quickly and being a small, close-knit city; is that the deal in Alameda too or what? The slow 25mph in Alameda probably helps somewhat.
Look at the limited access / egress to Alameda. The community is easily sealed off when crime occurs. It has a feel and reality of natural isolation. The community is quaint. It is well positioned for sailing / boating and thus attractive to those demographics as well. Add it up. There you have it.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:09 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,552,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
How can Berkeley possibly be at the bottom of the list?
...because it's adjacent to Oakland and has a large black population by Calif. standards...

Old 06-08-2015, 12:26 AM

21,759 posts, read 16,382,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
...because it's adjacent to Oakland and has a large black population by Calif. standards...
Are you saying that black equals crime? That's a racial definer. Crime is not racial. Crime is rooted in socio-economics. The fact that black communities often have higher crime stats relates to the socio-economic factors of those communities. Wealthy, highly educated black communities rival and beat white for low crime stats. Poor and poorly educated white communities have high crime as well. This is science. Please don't feed the myths. Thanks.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:48 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,541,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Are you saying that black equals crime? That's a racial definer. Crime is not racial. Crime is rooted in socio-economics. The fact that black communities often have higher crime stats relates to the socio-economic factors of those communities. Wealthy, highly educated black communities rival and beat white for low crime stats. Poor and poorly educated white communities have high crime as well. This is science. Please don't feed the myths. Thanks.
Look at the top 20 worst cities for crime, 18 of them are a majority black. Just the facts, that's how it is. Please list what cities you are referring to with a predominantly black population that have very low crime rates and cities with a predominantly white population with high crime rates. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California