Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 10:56 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,758,164 times

Advertisements

Take my wife......please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2023, 01:30 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,915,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTXwhatnext View Post
When your dog sees a police dog, does he think, 'Oh no! It's a cop!' ~from Facebook
Only if he's holding.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:41 PM

7,855 posts, read 3,843,001 times
I used to envy people who could do a cartwheel, but now I'm jealous of anyone who can get up off the floor without making grunting noises and holding onto furniture.

Old 04-26-2023, 04:08 PM

88,622 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Only if he's holding.

Good one.

I find I still get an uh-oh type alert feeling when I see a cop. Then I remember that a) I am not doing anything wrong, and b) the cop was born when I was 40 years old.

Old 04-26-2023, 06:21 PM

24,604 posts, read 10,921,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
I used to envy people who could do a cartwheel, but now I'm jealous of anyone who can get up off the floor without making grunting noises and holding onto furniture.
I am with you! A ride with a V-Max went down the way of Easy Rider but there is no walker on the horizon.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:02 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,494,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
When I delivered my son he had bright red hair. Neither his father nor I had red hair tho I suspect it was in both families. I was talking to one of the nurses who jokingly said "how often do you and your husband have sex?" Obviously the answer was supposed to be not very often. She said oh, that's it then. The red hair was from rust.

Not very funny here, but it was back then 59 years ago.

Ok, THIS is scary!

Are you my mommy?

59 years ago I came along with bright orange red curly hair, and freckles sprinkled over my nose...and the rest of me!

Any time I show a picture of me as a 4-5 yr old ALL the women croon and giggle and screech 'OMG! YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!'

THAT was exactly what ALL the women did back when I was that age!

(To be honest, I HATED that, because it also usually came with either (or both!) A tussle to my hair and a twerk of my cheeks or nose!)

As I started puberty, it went to a deep maroon auburn (and started leaving me at age 15), and then to a light brown with blond streaks

At age 19, I decided to see what I looked like if I let my beard grow...and it, too, was orange -red..until about age 40, when gray began to take it's place.
It was my pride and joy!

People would be shocked and say 'OMG! YOUR BEARD IS RED!'

Some, even called me "red beard" (no, I'm not a pirate), and others said I "look like a leprechaun!' (and I ain't telling where my pot of gold is!)

Best

(PS NY Gal....my late mother passed away in '03 after a long nasty battle with MS, so NO, you aren't my mommy!)

Old 04-27-2023, 07:29 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Good one.

I find I still get an uh-oh type alert feeling when I see a cop. Then I remember that a) I am not doing anything wrong, and b) the cop was born when I was 40 years old.
Just last week I got my first speeding ticket in over 20 years, 40 in a 25. I have to be more careful, there is construction on the main thoroughfare (40mph) and everyone takes the back road (25 mph), so the cop sits there and writes tickets all day.

My oldest grandkid had a birthday, and we had chocolate cake. The younger one age 6 announced that he doesn't like chocolate, so I asked "then why are you eating that cake?" He said "I didn't want it to go to waste."

Old 04-27-2023, 08:44 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,915,002 times
An old man visited his doctor for help with a problem.

"Doc, I don't know what's wrong, but I fart all the time. It's weird because they are silent and odorless, but they keep coming out. In fact, I've farted about 6 times just sitting here. What can I do?"

The doctor replied, "Here, take one of these pills every morning and then come see me in a week."

A week later, the old man came back to the doctor and he was upset. "Doc, those pills didn't help - they made it worse! I'm still farting, but now they stink something fierce!"

The doctor replied, "Calm down, sir. Now that we've cleared your sinuses, we can work on your hearing."

Old 05-02-2023, 11:14 AM

7,855 posts, read 3,843,001 times
Two old friends caught up for lunch. Jake and Oliver hadn't seen each other for over twenty years.

"How have you been?" Oliver asked.

"I've been good" Jake said, ordering from the menu. "I'm married with two great kids. Work is a bit dull but it pays the bills. How about you, how have you been?"

Oliver puffed up his chest in pride "Well, I've been great! I've spent the last twenty years living the dream. Moved out from living with my parents early. I was lucky to be in a privileged position that I didn't need to find work. I've spent most of time with hobbies like reading and going to the gym. Money hasn't been too much of an issue for me either. And the action! I could hardly get laid back when we used to hang out, but now I've been getting laid consistently. Every single day."

Jake couldn't help but listen and feel a bit envious about Oliver living the good life for the past 20 years. The two friends parted after lunch.

Later that night Jake was having dinner with his family when the phone rang.

"Excuse me, is this Jake?" a voice asked.

"Yes it is, how can I help you?" Jake replied.

"I'm trying to track down Oliver. You're listed as one of his contacts, and one of the last people he's seen," the voice continued.

"Okay"... Jake asked confused "Can I ask who this is?"

"This is Oliver's parole officer."

Old 05-02-2023, 01:24 PM

12,052 posts, read 8,436,379 times
What did grandpa say just before kicking the bucket?

Hold my beer and watch how far I can kick this bucket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement