Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 07:28 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Could be retired people buying the homes after selling their more expensive homes in a bigger city. In some high income areas a $300-$400k home is non-existent or a old and small fixer in the bad part of town.
That's a big part of it. I have a friend who's lived in the Bay area of California her whole life who wants to move to Cookeville. She expressed some concern, though, about how much house she'd be able to get since her little California cottage is worth "only" about $240k. I then showed her what she could get in Cookeville for $240k--mansions compared to her little California cottage. I have other friends from church in Cookeville who left their modest California homes and live in gorgeous mansions in the Cookeville area. A couple of them have become gentleman farmers and are living their dreams of raising horses and growing some of their own food and making their own honey, things they could never in a million years afford to do back in California. And they've become the biggest Tennessee cheerleaders around, talking their friends and family in Cali to move here and do the same.

Anyway, back to the topic of this thread: I noticed that there's a group called Titan Development who over the last few months has been buying property in the Cookeville area. The most recent was listed last month when they bought land in the 20th district, wherever that is. I'd love to know who that is and what they're planning on doing.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 09:10 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,232 times
Titan Development Cookeville, TN 38501

Old 10-14-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
How funny, when I tried finding a Titan Development company I found companies with that name all over the place--Pittsburgh, Albuquerque, Denver--but nothing in Cookeville. Thanks for posting this.

I remember a few years ago hearing of a real estate development company with ties to Eddie George buying up property along Main Street in Algood which, I believe, is where the new doctor's office, Dollar Tree, Subway, etc., are located. I wonder if that was Titan Development (Eddie George - Tennessee Titans...). Anyway, that web site is pretty lame and doesn't have any listings of what they've done. I'm curious what their plans are for the property they're buying in Cookeville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 10-14-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
How funny, when I tried finding a Titan Development company I found companies with that name all over the place--Pittsburgh, Albuquerque, Denver--but nothing in Cookeville. Thanks for posting this.

I remember a few years ago hearing of a real estate development company with ties to Eddie George buying up property along Main Street in Algood which, I believe, is where the new doctor's office, Dollar Tree, Subway, etc., are located. I wonder if that was Titan Development (Eddie George - Tennessee Titans...). Anyway, that web site is pretty lame and doesn't have any listings of what they've done. I'm curious what their plans are for the property they're buying in Cookeville.
Same thoughts about Eddie George when I read your post about Titan Development; someone told me years ago that his group owned a parcel adjacent to the Wal*Mart in Algood.

The little strip mall converted from the tire store on Jefferson will be anchored by a liquor store.

Old 10-19-2015, 03:56 PM

The H-C reported today that the hotel going up across from Sam's Club and next to Fairfield Inn is going to be a TownePlace Suites by Marriott. It's an extended-stay type of hotel. It looks like the suites are smaller than at Marriott's other extended-stay brand (Residence Inn), but I noticed that the TownePlace Suites by the Nashville airport is more expensive than the Residence Inn by the Nashville airport.

Either way, this is definitely a welcomed addition to Cookeville. I hope this will spur more development there by Sam's Club.

I'd Like to Know: What's being built across from Sam's?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 10-20-2015, 07:12 AM

I didn't think it would be Residence Inn...most of those are huge properties.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:22 PM

869 posts, read 1,785,873 times
I forgot about Town Place Suites when bringing up the other 2. Stayed at one for a week in Dallas a few years ago, I was very pleased.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:07 PM

Anyone know what is going up on East Spring Street near Dry Valley Road? It looks like part of it is going to be yet another Dollar General.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 10-23-2015 at 12:34 PM..

Old 10-23-2015, 02:39 PM

DG is taking over the world.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
DG is taking over the world.
or at least Cookeville. This will be DG's 9th location in Cookeville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville