Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 07:33 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
WVU fan here. Really looking forward to our upcoming spanking in Happy Valley on week one.

Honestly, I don't think Penn State will run away with it like it's being projected. Still, it will probably get out of hand in the later part of the game.

As for Western PA, West Virginia has some claim. At least the southwest corner. Lots of WVU fans and alumni in that area, and even WVU Medicine has a presence there. I didn't realize Pitt had fans.
The bolded part? That's just wrong. Hey what happened to JT Daniels? Oh, just looked him up. He got benched for Greene and he transferred to Rice. You think Greene is ready for that D when they step into Happy Valley? Don't think so. Should be a good one being as though they are traditional rivals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2023, 11:23 AM

6,070 posts, read 9,091,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
The bolded part? That's just wrong. Hey what happened to JT Daniels? Oh, just looked him up. He got benched for Greene and he transferred to Rice. You think Greene is ready for that D when they step into Happy Valley? Don't think so. Should be a good one being as though they are traditional rivals.
My concern with Green is his passing ability. He really has never had to prove his accuracy and arm strength. But any defense needs to watch out for his legs. West Virginia's run game this year will be fantastic. CJ Donaldson is a star in the making. They return all 5 starters on the O-line, 3 of which were previously freshman All-Americans.

JT Daniels was an unfortunate case of chronic injury. The guy never could stay healthy in his career. That remained the case at WVU, and he sustained some kind of injury that never went public. Everyone could tell hat he was not the same QB that started the season.

As for the Penn State game, it's going to be hard to defend the Lions. Our defense is very young and inexperienced. I don't think the stage will be too big for them, just the size of the opposing players.

Regardless, Let's Go Mountaineers!

Old 07-25-2023, 04:26 PM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
WVU fan here. Really looking forward to our upcoming spanking in Happy Valley on week one.

Honestly, I don't think Penn State will run away with it like it's being projected. Still, it will probably get out of hand in the later part of the game.

As for Western PA, West Virginia has some claim. At least the southwest corner. Lots of WVU fans and alumni in that area, and even WVU Medicine has a presence there. I didn't realize Pitt had fans.
I know for sure Greene County is WVU nation.

Pitt doesn't have fans? Maybe not but we have CHAMPIONSHIPS. What's WVU's national title trophy case look like?

Old 07-25-2023, 07:14 PM

17,774 posts, read 13,665,953 times
I bet when you throw in the northern Panhandle and that Youngstown-Warren- Sharon PA area you get an interesting hodge podge of alliegences. I've heard that area is crazy with the Steelers and Browns fans all living together as well.

Old 07-26-2023, 06:08 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post

Pitt doesn't have fans? Maybe not but we have CHAMPIONSHIPS. What's WVU's national title trophy case look like?
I love this! Glad this thread is coming alive. College football is coming soon. I know Penn State has 2 football national championships. Last won Big 10 title in 2016. Lions need to get back to their glory. Just have to conquer the 2 kryptonites: Ohio State and Michigan. I wish the Lions still played Pitt. That used to be a good rivalry but it's been some years since they battled on the gridiron. Why is Delaware and UMass on the schedule?

Old 07-26-2023, 08:21 AM

Quote:

Maybe so, but all that matters is Sept 16th when West Virginia gets revenge on Pitt for last year!

It's been great that West Virginia has been able to schedule Pitt, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Maryland, etc... in the nonconference. Makes those games in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas more bearable!

As for Penn State, they've never been a rivalry. 48–9–2 (PSU) is a rather lopsided for a rivalry! Therefore, we can't talk too much trash.

Old 07-26-2023, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Maybe so, but all that matters is Sept 16th when West Virginia gets revenge on Pitt for last year!

It's been great that West Virginia has been able to schedule Pitt, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Maryland, etc... in the nonconference. Makes those games in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas more bearable!

As for Penn State, they've never been a rivalry. 48–9–2 (PSU) is a rather lopsided for a rivalry! Therefore, we can't talk too much trash.
I wish that Pitt, Penn State, WVU, and Notre Dame would all play each other every year like the years gone by. Those were the days.

Old 07-27-2023, 06:16 AM

Quote:
I wish that Pitt, Penn State, WVU, and Notre Dame would all play each other every year like the years gone by. Those were the days.
It would be nice to see conferences that were built on geography and tradition rather than money. The days of that are long gone though. Think of how different things would have been in Penn State was a part of a Northeast conference with Pitt, WVU, Syracuse, Boston College, Maryland, etc... Right now that doesn't sound like an attractive conference, but in the 80s that would have been dynamite!

Old 07-27-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
It would be nice to see conferences that were built on geography and tradition rather than money. The days of that are long gone though. Think of how different things would have been in Penn State was a part of a Northeast conference with Pitt, WVU, Syracuse, Boston College, Maryland, etc... Right now that doesn't sound like an attractive conference, but in the 80s that would have been dynamite!
It sure would have. If the Big East would have allowed Penn State to join... what a different world it could have been?

Old 07-28-2023, 03:47 PM

1,118 posts, read 516,020 times
Pleasantly surprised to see this thread bumped up. I’ll admit the 2021 season was a disaster, but a total anomaly, as proven by PSU returning to their usual top 10 level status and playoff contender status entering this year. The defense = elite. The run game = elite. But they’ve had that before… the difference this year? The QB = elite.

Drew Allar will be a Heisman trophy contender, and there is no way they get swept by Ohio St and Michigan this year. Go 11-1, blow out whatever potato big 10 west team, aaand… playoff.

Also to the WVU fan - agreed the Mountaineers could hang tight in the beginning, weird things can happen in week 1. But ultimately PSU will prevail by at least 3 possessions. And ultimately, WVU will destroy sPitt in Morgantown. Garbage school, garbage football program, absolute ****ing joke of a coach who mouths off and can’t back it up.

Hey - I find it funny I started this thread in the season that JOKE of a school actually won 11 games in a year. That’s regular for Penn St. for Pitt? A once in a lifetime type thing. And Pickett is going to ruin the Steelers, can’t wait for not only Pitt to suck but for him to suck too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football