Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 08:37 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZuXnfPaArU

Agree with some of the comments mentioning he did better in the second half. The defense looked good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 12:55 PM

#8 recruit in PA. Top 15 recruit in the country. Hope to snag Samaj Jones as the next in line QB after Drew Allar.

https://basicbluesnation.com/a-new-q...ll-recruiting/

https://247sports.com/player/samaj-jones-46111572/

Old 05-08-2023, 05:22 AM

https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsy...0August%202027.

Penn State board committee approves first phase of planned $700 million renovation for Beaver Stadium. The work on the first phase of the Penn State football stadium's renovation is expected to be completed in August 2027.

Old 05-25-2023, 07:49 AM

https://basicbluesnation.com/no-1-pe...rsey-business/

Today, the top Penn State football commit in the 2025 recruiting class, Jaelyn Matthews, inked a new NIL deal. Despite being a few years away from signing with the Nittany Lions, Matthews is already garnering all kinds of national interest, from Big10 and SEC offers to a new NIL deal.

He can participate in NIL deals since he plays high school sports in New Jersey.

Old 07-21-2023, 06:34 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvS1dF5jUE8

Old 07-22-2023, 07:28 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
I'm a Pitt fan, but all bias aside.

Penn State reminds me of LSU of the Big Ten. They can't beat the other team(s) who typically win the conference. For LSU, it's been Alabama. Penn State just can't get past Ohio State. Granted, Michigan has given them issues lately, but it's been Ohio State since they last beat them... in 2014? 2016? I think Penn State has the talent and the team to make the CFP. They just need to get it together mentally. No question they are capable of it. They really have wasted some pretty talented teams over the past 5 years not playing for it all. I wish them the best this year!

Old 07-22-2023, 05:32 PM

17,774 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I'm a Pitt fan, but all bias aside.

Penn State reminds me of LSU of the Big Ten. They can't beat the other team(s) who typically win the conference. For LSU, it's been Alabama. Penn State just can't get past Ohio State. Granted, Michigan has given them issues lately, but it's been Ohio State since they last beat them... in 2014? 2016? I think Penn State has the talent and the team to make the CFP. They just need to get it together mentally. No question they are capable of it. They really have wasted some pretty talented teams over the past 5 years not playing for it all. I wish them the best this year!
Always have been curious about the dynamics between the fan bases between Pitt and Penn State. I've always figured that Penn State had the fans everywhere outside of the Pittsburgh area. Curious about the rest of western PA.

I always figured it might be like Kentucky and Louisville. Kentucky owns the state outside of Louisville and even in Louisville there is a large chunk of Cat fans. Is it hard to find Penn State fans in Pittsburgh?

Old 07-23-2023, 07:29 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Always have been curious about the dynamics between the fan bases between Pitt and Penn State. I've always figured that Penn State had the fans everywhere outside of the Pittsburgh area. Curious about the rest of western PA.

I always figured it might be like Kentucky and Louisville. Kentucky owns the state outside of Louisville and even in Louisville there is a large chunk of Cat fans. Is it hard to find Penn State fans in Pittsburgh?
Penn State does have fans everywhere, that is true. They have a much larger alumni base. Also consider, Penn State University Park (main campus) has a much higher enrollment than Pitt (about 45,000+ vs. over 30,000+).

Western PA is mostly WVU, Pitt, and Penn State fans/alumni. There are a lot, a lot, a lot of Penn State fans in Western PA. If you go statewide, Penn State probably has the most number of fans by a decent margin.

Old 07-23-2023, 03:00 PM

17,774 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Penn State does have fans everywhere, that is true. They have a much larger alumni base. Also consider, Penn State University Park (main campus) has a much higher enrollment than Pitt (about 45,000+ vs. over 30,000+).

Western PA is mostly WVU, Pitt, and Penn State fans/alumni. There are a lot, a lot, a lot of Penn State fans in Western PA. If you go statewide, Penn State probably has the most number of fans by a decent margin.
Yes, the PSU picture you paint is about what I thought. Funny thing is that I forgot about WVU being so close. It's kind of like here. Fayetteville, AR is damn near in Oklahoma (and Missouri) and other than Ft. Smith has historically been cut off from the rest of Arkansas by the mountains. Much easier to get to Tulsa than to Little Rock.

As a result, eastern Oklahoma has a bunch of Hog fans. Funny thing is that once you get past Tulsa and the other parts of (mostly NE Oklahoma) you only find a Razorback fan here and there. There are more Texas, Kansas, Kansas State, and Texas Tech fans (in that order) in the rest of Oklahoma. But in NE Oklahoma I'd bet it is 15% Hogs. OU and OSU split the rest with a handful of Tulsa fans living in the city of Tulsa. Tulsa is also a place where you find most of the KU fans along with northern OK border towns.

Old 07-25-2023, 06:27 AM

6,070 posts, read 9,091,285 times
WVU fan here. Really looking forward to our upcoming spanking in Happy Valley on week one.

Honestly, I don't think Penn State will run away with it like it's being projected. Still, it will probably get out of hand in the later part of the game.

As for Western PA, West Virginia has some claim. At least the southwest corner. Lots of WVU fans and alumni in that area, and even WVU Medicine has a presence there. I didn't realize Pitt had fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football