Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2007, 09:54 AM

15 posts, read 95,937 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!! My fiancee and I took a trip down to Fort Mill in March and absolutely loved it!! So now we are in the process of looking at houses that fit in our budget >$200K. We arer also looking for a decent size property (more then .75) Have had trouble finding anything on the York county side, but there are a few possibilities on the Lancaster side. My concern is the quality of the Indian Land school district. One of the main reasons we were attracted to Fort Mill was for the school district. I have done research on Indian Land schools, yet I would like to hear your personal opinions. We are interested in some property located on Lancaster Estate Road, if anyone would also help out and let me know what they think of the area. Thank you in advance for your help!! We would like to be down there before the end of the summer!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 05:41 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,911,509 times
Try the area around Clover, in western York County. My brother and his family live in the area and love it. It's a beautiful area, has some good rual areas, very good schools, and not far from Charlotte. Good luck!!!

Old 05-08-2007, 08:14 PM

83 posts, read 399,631 times
Indian Land schools are rapidly improving thanks in part to all the people moving there. They're opening a brand-new high school this coming fall.

Don't shy away!

Old 05-09-2007, 08:36 AM

251 posts, read 1,128,735 times
I've never heard anything but good things about the Indianland Schools. Parents brag about how satisfied they are. They are overcrowded, of course, with lots of moblie units, but that will change when the new high school (which is VERY attractive) is opened in August. The old high school will be remodeled and expanded to be the new middle school. Also, a site has been purchased for a second elementary school. Test scores are a little lower than those in the Fort Mill School District, but are increasing yearly and surely will catch up within a few years. I know Lancaster Estates Rd. Probably a good investment since the lots are much larger there and very close to the schools and "downtown" Indianland.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,666 times
I live on lancaster estates, bought about 2 years ago and we love it. I see you posted in march, have you purchased and if so which lot? If i can give you any information let me know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties