Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 03:38 PM

444 posts, read 1,648,674 times

Advertisements

How many of you out there are living or plan to live at Sun City Carolina Lakes? We are moving there next month and after much thought think it will be great for us. What is your opinion?

Dunroven55
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 03:57 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
Unfortunately I'm not old enough to live there yet, plus I'd have to find someone to take care of my kids My parents live there and LOVE IT...I call it camp for grownups

Old 05-03-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
Unfortunately I'm not old enough to live there yet, plus I'd have to find someone to take care of my kids My parents live there and LOVE IT...I call it camp for grownups
Thank you I hope there nice neighborhoods like Sun City when you come of
Age and I love Camping!!

Dunroven

Old 05-04-2008, 01:35 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
We just closed on a house there the middle of March. Originally we were planning on waiting to move there until hubby retired in about 5-6 years, but things have changed and we are hoping to make the move before the end of summer! Well, actually I will probably move down there and try to find a job and hubby will stay here until this house sells. He will then rent a small apartment near his work or else hopefully find a job down there.

I guess you are the one that said you are in "M" pod?

Old 05-04-2008, 04:36 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
It surely looks like a great layout and I am looking forward to hearing more about it. So if no one else tells us much, Dunroven, you have to fill us in after you get there!!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
We just closed on a house there the middle of March. Originally we were planning on waiting to move there until hubby retired in about 5-6 years, but things have changed and we are hoping to make the move before the end of summer! Well, actually I will probably move down there and try to find a job and hubby will stay here until this house sells. He will then rent a small apartment near his work or else hopefully find a job down there.

I guess you are the one that said you are in "M" pod?
Yes that's me and I look forward to meeting you and would love to help you if you need any help around Charlotte. I know City Data is a great place for help but I will be right around the corner. So please keep in touch!
Dunroven

Old 05-04-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It surely looks like a great layout and I am looking forward to hearing more about it. So if no one else tells us much, Dunroven, you have to fill us in after you get there!!!!
You are personally invited down to have lunch with me at the golf club restaurant one day after I get settled!!

Old 05-04-2008, 06:10 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
You are personally invited down to have lunch with me at the golf club restaurant one day after I get settled!!
LOL!! Sounds wonderful to me. . . I am very excited for you!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:48 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
PM me and we can keep in touch! I hesitate to post my email on message boards......want to avoid those web crawlers!

As I mentioned before, we are going to be down there the entire week of Memorial Day. Getting down about midnight the Friday before. Getting a recirculating pump installed on Saturday morning and Comporium turning on our cable on Tuesday. Still trying to get in touch with the Ecoscape guy to get our irrigation system finished up. They screwed up the install date and we never got the controls installed/orientation done yet. Hopefully we have gotten enough rain so that the plants didn't die. If they did, I'm going to insist that they replace them since THEY screwed up the dates!

Anyway, we will be around pretty much all the time since we have so much to do in the house.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
PM me and we can keep in touch! I hesitate to post my email on message boards......want to avoid those web crawlers!

As I mentioned before, we are going to be down there the entire week of Memorial Day. Getting down about midnight the Friday before. Getting a recirculating pump installed on Saturday morning and Comporium turning on our cable on Tuesday. Still trying to get in touch with the Ecoscape guy to get our irrigation system finished up. They screwed up the install date and we never got the controls installed/orientation done yet. Hopefully we have gotten enough rain so that the plants didn't die. If they did, I'm going to insist that they replace them since THEY screwed up the dates!

Anyway, we will be around pretty much all the time since we have so much to do in the house.
Check what day you can use your sprinkler system. I believe ours is on Sunday we have an even number. Hope to meet you the week of Memorial Day. Dunroven
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties