Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,591 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband and I recently moved to Ballantyne from northern NJ. We are currently renting and looking to buy a house. Does anyone know anything about Audubon Lake in Indian Land or Riverchase in Fort Mill? We like both of these communities. Audobon Lake is a great location for us as we still want to be close to Ballantyne. We are unsure of the builder, Pulte. We discovered Riverchase in Fort Mill last weekend. The builder in there is Meritage and we love the potential home we could get, but we don't know if we want to be that far out. Riverchase is off of Doby's Bridge Rd. I work in the Steele Creek area so I'm not sure how my commute would be. We don't have kids but we've heard Fort Mill schools are very good. Anybody familiar with these communities?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 07:01 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,216,567 times
Have you met darook by chance?

Old 05-14-2014, 05:16 AM

218 posts, read 523,473 times
Fort Mill schools are very good, better than Indian Land by a bit. Both locations would likely give you about the same commute traveling to the Steele Creek area. Doby's bridge might be slightly closer, but may not be by much since I believe that Riverchase is quite a ways from highway 160. Audubon is not far from 160 and that is the road you would likely take all the way to Steele Creek (others can confirm this since I don't commute that way.)

Good luck

Old 05-15-2014, 05:06 AM

43 posts, read 81,588 times
Did you look at that new neighborhood going in behind Steve's in Fort Mill? I forgot the name but that would be a brand new home and an excellent commute to Steele Creek via Altura Rd. There is another one going in on Coltharp rd, no information up yet by Forestar Group that would also be a better commute than Doby's Bridge.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:39 PM

261 posts, read 480,690 times
I live very, very close to the new Riverchase and I don't think I would, personally, commute to Steele Creek via 160. The Gold Hill/160 intersection is crazy. In fact, we completely switched my son's soccer club because we were having to train at the Palisades and it took me 40 (sometimes almost 60) minutes to get there. That just shouldn't be. If you can commute a different way, I will say that living in this area is great for us and maybe you too. Fort Mill schools are good and the new Doby's Bridge Elementary is very convenient should you have any children.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about either builder so I'm no help there.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:45 PM

171 posts, read 233,482 times
We went by Riverchase today, but ruled it out as there was HOA dues of $500/yr. but no amenities. We could go down the road to Massey and have their nice amenities for $525/yr.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:48 PM

55 posts, read 87,477 times
I looked all over sc for a good place with decent medical care because when you need it your too late to find it then. Van anyone tell me about the Indian land and wylie lake complexes and the health care that is available in case of emergency eg heart attack? I know I posted in Charleston but decided no so if anyone can give me solid information. I'd appreciate it

Old 05-25-2014, 10:48 PM

40 posts, read 61,891 times
fort mill/tega cay area around gold hill rd. and 160 is a mess, and will become an even bigger mess. most of the undeveloped property is beginning to be developed or for sale. its all cookie cutter housing developments and traffic congestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties