Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:18 AM

53 posts, read 166,414 times

Advertisements

Any Thoughts On Edenmoor Out In Indian Land? We Loved It. I Would Like To Hear Any Thoughts. Thanks.,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 07:24 PM

168 posts, read 480,973 times
Default Edenmoor

to Jessica 0927

Hi LOve Edenmoor!
We are relocating from NY and hopefully will purchase in Edenmoor or Belair lakes. Phase 1 is building right now. They just finished some of their models on site.

Both communities are almost right next to eachother.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:41 PM

53 posts, read 166,414 times
We loved Edenmoor when we were there in Sept. We liked the Bonterra models. We have our house for sale in FL...when it sells we will make the move as long as my husband can find a job. Good luck to you.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:41 PM

17 posts, read 56,785 times
Default Belair Lakes

Hello everyone,

I visited this community in August and really liked it. I hope to purchase a home there when I sell my home in FL. Market not good here. Any information on Belair to share?

Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 PM

22 posts, read 66,377 times
Default Caution in buying in Edenmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochiepoo View Post
to Jessica 0927

Hi LOve Edenmoor!
We are relocating from NY and hopefully will purchase in Edenmoor or Belair lakes. Phase 1 is building right now. They just finished some of their models on site.

Both communities are almost right next to eachother.
I suggest you visit Edenmoor during the day on the weekend during nice weather. The loud gunfire that you will hear is from the gun range near by. I believe they own 120 acres. Even if 1000 famlies move into Edenmoor the gun range will go on unless they sell the land. They were there first.

No one told us about this. It is impossible to enjoy being outside due to this. I think this will cause long term decline in Edenmoor and possibly nearby Millbridge.

We decided not to buy because of this. Another thing they did there was to clear cut all the trees down. There was no reason to do this.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:12 AM

My son in law lives near Edenmoor and Millbridge he says he doesnt hear anything!
I still love Edenmoor and Millbridge. I think that is where I am going to wind up . Is is alittle but country and city at the same time... but thats just me!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:14 AM

Default Belair Carolina Lakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee2u View Post
Hello everyone,

I visited this community in August and really liked it. I hope to purchase a home there when I sell my home in FL. Market not good here. Any information on Belair to share?

Belair is really building up! They are building a new shopping center on 521 highway very convenient. I feel bad for the folks at Sun City

Old 02-24-2008, 12:05 PM

9 posts, read 40,683 times
Default Edenmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteengr View Post
I suggest you visit Edenmoor during the day on the weekend during nice weather. The loud gunfire that you will hear is from the gun range near by. I believe they own 120 acres. Even if 1000 famlies move into Edenmoor the gun range will go on unless they sell the land. They were there first.

No one told us about this. It is impossible to enjoy being outside due to this. I think this will cause long term decline in Edenmoor and possibly nearby Millbridge.

We decided not to buy because of this. Another thing they did there was to clear cut all the trees down. There was no reason to do this.

I spoke with a someone who just left the Edenmore sales office (to work in NC), he said there was a shooting range- it does operate 7days a week during daylight hours- and that the range is located by the model homes (Ryland's). He also said back where most of the home sights will be it is not as loud. (To me probably no different than the fireworks that go off all the time) anyhow -any interested in buying there should consider revisiting and speaking to any homeowners already living there. There is nothing wrong with loving the location and amenities, however you best word of mouth would be from current homeowners.

I believe the tree clearing may be to accomidate for their amenities:

Edenmoor’s amenities include a beautifully appointed clubhouse, pools with tower slide and lazy river feature, 17 neighborhood parks and adjacent 60-acre county park featuring a planned skate park and soccer and baseball fields. Here you can give the car a rest and enjoy strolls along pedestrian-friendly, landscaped streets and over 6.5 miles of greenways.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:33 PM

825 posts, read 2,819,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteengr View Post

You can find lots of threads about the shooting range on this board as well as the Charlotte board. I understand it's most noticeable on holidays.

As to the trees...or lack thereof...there's one logical explanation for the clear cutting, it was the cheaper method during site preparation.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:25 PM

80 posts, read 231,069 times
We just signed a contract with Edenmoor (Centex homes) and will be moving there in the early fall.

CANT WAIT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties