Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 12:07 PM

396 posts, read 978,201 times

Advertisements

Okay - here is a link to vote for best veterinarian, grocery store, etc... in our area. My only problem with this is how is it fair when THEY control the list of businesses? Not ALL of the businesses in Fort Mill/Tega Cay are listed. I tried to see if I could submit a business or two of MY choice in our town that wasn't on the list of choices, but there doesn't seem to be a way. I don't know - what are thoughts on this?

Welcome to My Carolina Town

Not a big deal, but truthfully - I feel bad for the businesses not on the list that are actually better (in my opinion) than some of the ones listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 AM

87 posts, read 207,314 times
Thanks for the link. I started to vote, but stopped half way through when I realized how many local businesses weren't represented. Not inclusive at all.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,980 times
Hi guys, I'm really glad that you guys would like to go in and vote for your favorite businesses. Just so that you are aware My Carolina Town did not select the businesses that were nominated. Residents had the option of inputing any business in the Fort Mill/Tega cay area; along with the ability to add new categories. Nominations were open to the public for about 2 months. Many local business owners were contacted through email to inform them of the contest. I agree that there should have been more businesses, but we felt that if we as a company started adding businesses to the nomination, then it would take away the credibililty of the contest (if you look carefully, some of our current clients weren't nominated). We are also not picking the winners. Winners will be determined by those with the most votes. Please keep in mind that this is a brand new contest for us. We hope that because so many people have responded to the contest, that next years nominations will include more people. I will also add that we have learned about a few businesses that I wasn't even aware were in the area. My apologies on behalf of the team if we offended anyone or made them feel left out. It was not our intention to alienate any businesses in our area; especially since the main goal of our company is to promote local business to boost our local economy. I hope that you will cast your vote anyway, and remember to keep an eye out for the contest again next year. Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 4,113 times
Default Magazine

Do you receive the My Carolina Town Magazine? I saw in August there was an ad where people could go online and nominate their favorite places and now you can vote on those that were nominated....... I nominated all my favorites over the summer.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:06 PM

396 posts, read 978,201 times
I never even heard of My Carolina Town until recently (I saw a magazine at my girl's Tae Kwon Do place that ISN'T even on the list to be nominated only last week). I mean how can such a contest be fair if everyone doesn't even know about My Carolina Town? If I knew - I certainly would have nominated a few places. But even so - I think it would only be more fair to let people write in their favorite businesses rather than make them pick from nominations by a select few who even know what My Carolina Town is. Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties