Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:08 PM

116 posts, read 551,161 times

Advertisements

We have are on an email list serve for our neighborhood and are trying to unite to get this system fixed. I ill keep you posted on the details as they come available, however, I encourage you to come to the next town hall meeting at the Riverview Fire Station on Harris st Extension the first Wednesday of November.

As I said I will get details out as soon as possible. If you would like to be added to the list serve, PM me and I will add your email address.

Hopefully we can at least get their attention that we want change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 07:48 PM

Just as an update to all about the most recent bills. Month of August watering 5 to 7 days weekly used 23000 gallons, which I still think is high but paid the bill none the less. Month of September watering 2 days weekly used 26000 gallons. We apparently were saving water by having the sprinklers on more often. Perhaps if I let them run 24-7 Riverview will actually owe me money. One other side note, if you have a separate meter for irrigation you have two separate bills. Ours are 1604 and 1605 for meters 705 and 705a respectively. It seems these are arbitrary as they read the meters differently this last time than any time before. We had company last month but I do not feel they took a 26000 gallon bath or shower.

Anyone else getting the crazy bills?

Does anyone think someone will return my calls tomorrow when we call to question this. I have no doubt they will not.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 AM

425 posts, read 1,571,504 times
Go to the media. It is the only way you will get the attention you need to have them listen. Newscasters and papers love to have their work done for them and if you have a group that has the same complaint you have a large voice. I would suggest you all contact them.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
Go to the media. It is the only way you will get the attention you need to have them listen. Newscasters and papers love to have their work done for them and if you have a group that has the same complaint you have a large voice. I would suggest you all contact them.
We are working with a reporter now to get this in the Fort Mill Times this Wednesday. We are also inviting reporters to the next monthly meeting of the water system in November

Old 10-16-2007, 06:04 AM

425 posts, read 1,571,504 times
That is a great idea. Good luck with it !!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:00 AM

474 posts, read 1,749,801 times
Here's your story:

Fort Mill Times — Fort Mill customer says his water bill's all wet (broken link)

Old 10-17-2007, 12:52 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,434,041 times
Cool...Hey, I'm in there too...look at the pet of the week

Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,835 times
We are building in the neighborhood and have called riverview to find out about the rates. Some guy called me back but he didn't have a "rate sheet" with him. He told me that he would have the other guy call me back. I think that was about a month ago and haven't heard from them since. I am going to call York County and find out about this "customer-owned, not-for-profit" organization. There has to be a business license out there somewhere.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,744 times
Default Inexplicable water bill

I received a water bill that was more than $700. The water company said that our irrigation system used 173,000 gallons of water. We used the irrigation system two times per week. If we had watered our lawn the equivalent of 17 swimming pools worth of water, our yard would be a swamp. In reality, half our lawn is dead from lack of water. Furthermore, if the water company really believes we were using that much water, shouldn't they be more concerned about that given the drought? When my husband called, the first time, the woman who picked up said that this was an unexceptional water bill. Seriously? Also, they have given us bills that don't give us the current or previous water meter readings and that have the usage period listed as one day. After persistent complaints, they randomly gave us a credit for part of the bill with no explanation. I am beginning to suspect that they just give random, high water bills and see if anyone will actually pay them.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 AM

I just want to emphasize the importance of us all getting together and letting them know whether these errors are intentional or not, we are no longer going to tolerate it. They have a meeting (they say everyone knows) the first Wednesday of every month. Here are the details of the next meeting time.

Wednesday November 7th at 7:00PM
Riverview Volunteer Fire Station
Harris Rd in Fort Mill

I will be there and I hope to see many of you there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties