Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:09 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,302,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelifespark View Post
Star Valley looks stunning, too. I'm just trying to figure out if there's job availability and an apartment or house I can afford. Although I would like to buy in the future, I don't think it's feasible right now, so I need to know what rentals are like.
looking in the Star Valley independent , house rent from $400 to %1500 /month saw a few 2 and 3 bedroom at $600/month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 10:08 AM

42 posts, read 145,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
looking in the Star Valley independent , house rent from $400 to %1500 /month saw a few 2 and 3 bedroom at $600/month
thanks....that's not bad at all...especially compared to here. Most two or three bedrooms are around the 2 grand mark.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:49 AM

42 posts, read 145,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
I found the Star Valley Independent online, now (this might be a silly question) what section would I look under for the rentals? I used the search function to look for rentals but it didn't turn anything up.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:30 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,302,625 times
Quote:
I found the Star Valley Independent online, now (this might be a silly question) what section would I look under for the rentals? I used the search function to look for rentals but it didn't turn anything up.
think you can sumitte a classified on line but they don't post them you have to buy a paper.... could be wrong

Old 09-19-2009, 07:38 PM

258 posts, read 1,000,928 times
Quote:
Star Valley looks stunning, too. I'm just trying to figure out if there's job availability and an apartment or house I can afford. Although I would like to buy in the future, I don't think it's feasible right now, so I need to know what rentals are like.
Well, what do you do for a living? That may determine which scenic WY town you can live in. You need some sort of skill set that can be useful wherever you live. Rents in Jackson for apartments, small ones, will range from 1200 and up/month. If both of you work fulltime, you might be able to pull it off. Other than housing, I didn't find Jackson all that expensive to live in. Also, check out Cody. With employment at all time highs in WY right now, housing will be a challenge pretty much wherever you go that there is an economy that provides a variety of jobs.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:15 PM

25 posts, read 100,636 times
Although Star Valley is beautiful, I would probably try to steer you away from going there. I live in E. Jackson (THE ideal place to live in Jackson, WY) and pay $750 for an awesome 2bdrm log cabin, and I know a lot of people who pay less than that to be in E. Jackson. Living expenses in Jackson vary greatly, depending on how nice a place you want or what location you choose. [Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 10-07-2009 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: New users must have 10 posts before making recommendations.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:04 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,831,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lejames View Post
Although Star Valley is beautiful, I would probably try to steer you away from going there. I live in E. Jackson (THE ideal place to live in Jackson, WY) and pay $750 for an awesome 2bdrm log cabin, and I know a lot of people who pay less than that to be in E. Jackson. Living expenses in Jackson vary greatly, depending on how nice a place you want or what location you choose. [Mod cut]
That's a great price for Jackson but it sounds like you and your friends got some good deals. Here is what's in the paper.
Jackson Hole News & Guide: Classifieds

Just curious, how close to Cache Creek Canyon are ya? How close to Teton Ghetto(Meadows) Apts? I lived in Jackson way too many years than I should have.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:31 PM

25 posts, read 100,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
That's a great price for Jackson but it sounds like you and your friends got some good deals. Here is what's in the paper.
Jackson Hole News & Guide: Classifieds

Just curious, how close to Cache Creek Canyon are ya? How close to Teton Ghetto(Meadows) Apts? I lived in Jackson way too many years than I should have.

My roommate and I did get a really good deal, but those I know who pay less are living in not as nice, multi-bedroom houses, which I think is fine as long as you're willing to put up with not great houses. I'm really close to Cache Creek. I rode my bike up there all summer with my dog! Not as close to the Ghetto; I feel like that's technically considered "west Jackson." That's funny, though, as everyone calls it Teton Ghettos!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:24 PM

258 posts, read 1,000,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lejames View Post
You're living exactly where I'm hoping to live next summer! I love hiking up Cache Creek! Now, if I can just get my Michigan farm rented......sigh!

Old 12-23-2009, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,819 times
while Jackson is expensive most people have roommates which helps alot. There are many ads with people looking for roommates. Jackson Hole daily newspaper will help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming