Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 10:22 AM

39 posts, read 128,216 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, thanks for reading this post!

My husband and I are moving out west in late summer, and while we travel we're going to do some sightseeing. While our stuff will be moved by a moving company (so we won't be traveling in a big uhaul or anything like that), we will be traveling with my small dog. We want to spend a few days in some different national parks, Grand Teton and Yellowstone national parks among them. Can anyone recommend some dog kennels on the outskirts of each of these? I realize there are probably many areas, but we're coming in blind, so you might be able to recommend areas to look for a kennel that has good access to each of these (different ones for each is expected). My dog is quite old and sleeps most of the day, so we aren't looking for anything fancy. Also, we're concerned that we might have difficulty finding a kennel as we're coming from out-of-state. Does anyone have experience with this? Please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 10:41 AM

30 posts, read 97,542 times
I visited the Teton area last fall. I was looking to board my dog on Saturday and pick him up on Sunday. I called all of the kennels in Jackson Hole area, none were open on Sunday and few on Saturday. I found a dog sitter who lives in Wilson, just outside of jackson, and Teton Village. Her service in called Allow Me, and her number listed is 307-690-1746. I am not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for, but it would insure your pooch be with a human who cares, rather than a cold kennel floor. You could google pet boarding in the town of Jackson for the Teton area and the town of Cody for the Yellowstone area. You might find a better price in Powell, compared to Cody.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:53 AM

thank you! she rarely stays in kennels, so that certainly sounds much more appealing. but we'll have to see if we can afford sitter services.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:19 AM

138 posts, read 468,504 times
Just saw your post about boarding. The kennels here on the east entrance side of Yellowstone are few. One does not have a good reputation, but I don't know why. Powell has a great kennel- but you had better make a reservation very soon, as she is usually full many months ahead of time. I have used her several times-safe/clean/reliable. Closed Sat/Sun

Old 04-10-2009, 08:04 AM

thank you so much! we're working out a schedule now so that way we avoid this area on the weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming