Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:12 PM

105 posts, read 449,091 times

Advertisements

Well I have just decided to take a new positon with my company and in doing so I am being transferred to North Dakota. The position I currently hold was riffed but instead of sending me to the wolves my company created a position for me in North Dakota. If this was a couple of years ago I would have said no way and just quit. But with the economy the way it is I think its better to keep my tenure with my current company.

Needless to say I will have to put my house up on the Market here. So I thought I would put in on the ole Forum as well. Let me know if anyone knows anyone is interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 04:16 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,175,226 times
Aww.. bummer that you have to move. Where about in North Dakota? I live about an hour from Fargo-- can't say there is much there, but toward the middle and western parts of the state it's fairly pretty.

how many bedrooms is your house and is it in town? Just wondering. I've not found a job out that way yet but I'm hopeful.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:52 PM

44 posts, read 120,345 times
Tell us more about your house.....I have been looking for a teaching job and had found one open in Riverton, but was unsure about the housing situation.....

Can you tell me about your home....possibly pictures and any other info..... Thanks! : )

Old 12-18-2008, 08:53 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,175,226 times
GA...what do you teach?

Old 12-18-2008, 09:08 PM

I am certified in Middle grades Science.....soon to be Social Studies as well....

Old 12-18-2008, 11:01 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,222,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GApeaches View Post
I am certified in Middle grades Science.....soon to be Social Studies as well....
Where is the opening? Is it in Riverton at the middle school or is it at one of the county schools?

Old 12-19-2008, 08:06 AM

105 posts, read 449,091 times
Well I'm getting transferrred to Stanley. They are giving me a 70 mile radius to live in and they will pay for my commute. My house in Riverton in I think 1100 sqft its 3 bed 1 bath. Right before I moved into it I painted all the bedrooms and bathroom. It has an updated kitchen with newer appliances. It sits on a large corner lot if I remember right its like 6800 sqft lot. Has a detached garage that I'm going to say is about 24x30 Crew Cab Long Box Ford will fit in it. Has what I call the Toy shed and it has a stereo and lights and electrictiy in it for a little work shop. Also has another tin shed where I keep all the yard equipment. Just put in underground sprinklers all that is left is tying them into the main supply and running the timer. I'm leaving the PVC and timer with the house. It has a window unit swamp cooler. I think thats it. Need to know anything else just let me know. Thank you

Old 12-19-2008, 09:29 PM

This is how the job was listed....
Middle School Science Teacher--Fremont County School District No. 25--Riverton, Wyoming (Emphasis in Biology)

Georgianmt...
I noticed from some of your other postings that you are a teacher as well....where and what do you teach?

Old 12-19-2008, 10:47 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,222,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GApeaches View Post
This is how the job was listed....
Middle School Science Teacher--Fremont County School District No. 25--Riverton, Wyoming (Emphasis in Biology)

Georgianmt...
I noticed from some of your other postings that you are a teacher as well....where and what do you teach?
I looked at Riverton's school web site but didn't see a science listing. Maybe it's closed now. I have a friend there who teaches 6th grade math at the middle school and really likes it there. Another friend teaches there now but not sure what she is teaching. She used to teach out at Pavillion at Wind River Jr./Sr. H.S. The reason I was asking where the job was is because there is quite a difference between the schools in Riverton and some of those rural schools. I have nothing against American Indians, in fact I have been an Indian Education for All facilitator for a couple of years, but most of the rural schools in the county are on the reservation which can pose a host of problems.

I teach in Gillette now and absolutely LOVE IT here. The district is way ahead of it's time in resources, staff development, etc. What a great place to be. The pay is very good, too. I moved here from Montana and my take home pay doubled. I am a special ed. teacher but now am working as a special ed. case manager, which I love (same pay on the certified scale as teachers). We don't have any science openings in the district now but I can bet we will in the fall. We had 85 new teachers in the district this year. This place is growing by leaps and bounds and there is talk of the high school splitting into 2 schools sometime soon. We actually have 2 campuses of CCHS. One is being used solely for sophomores now with juniors & seniors being at the main campus. Freshmen are in the junior highs. It is projected that we will have something like 1200 more students in the district within 5 years. This is one place where the economy is holding it's own.

I went to CWC in Riverton for my first two years of college and really liked it. I wasn't crazy about the town of Riverton itself, but it was okay. Best wishes in your endeavors!!!
Georgia

Old 12-19-2008, 11:10 PM

We were in Thermopolis this summer and I spoke with some middle school teachers that were there on a field trip....I think they may have been from Riverton or Lander....any way they said that there would be a lot of jobs opening due to so many teachers retiring. I don't have anything against American Indians either, but I'm not sure how well I would fit in on an Indian Reservation.... being that I am from Georgia....

I went to the Riverton School website as well and noticed that there was no listing. The job posting was on the Wyoming State School Board website and was just recently added (I check it nearly every day).

I'm not sure if we will get to move this summer or not. We have to settle my father in-laws estate and sell our home. The way the economy is here in Georgia, that may not be an easy task.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming