Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2007, 03:56 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,746 times

Advertisements

We stayed the night in Billings, Saturday night and then drove in Sunday afternoon..

We were doing great, there was snow packed in the town of course, and we headed out on 5th st towards soldier creek rd where we live now, and the snow increased of course.. well it comes to a y and we almost turned right and needed to stay straight and go to the left so I was able to back up, but my husband had so much weight and the trailer, and having lost his momentum by stopping, got stuck, he decided before he got jack knifed and stuck even more we would head on further and find our neighbor's who were waiting for us. Our neighbors' wife is sister to our landlord, that lives in CO. it's a family ranch. anyways.. Our neighbor's husband was able to pull my husband out and we made it to our mobile home It is absolutely beautiful here, the view of the bighorns is beautiful, there are a few creeks, and I am just amazed every day and night at the amount of deer, phesants, rabbits ect. I mean I have seen them, being from OR, but not in the amount there is here..

I love the hills covered in snow.. it is just beautiful..

My husband and I miss our family, but we love it over here so far.. My husband started his first day of work today, and they are very excited to have him. so that made me happy.. I can't wait to get an update when he gets home and see how his first day went..

Anyways just thought I would give an update..
Thank you to everyone for all the help you gave us... we greatly appreciate it.. I look forward to maybe even meeting some of you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 05:28 PM

777 posts, read 3,196,841 times
Awesome Kristy Glad you guys made it without to much problem. Friendly neighbors already helping you out Please post some pics of the area if you could, when you get time.
Look forward to hearing about your husbands first day at work.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:03 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,159,014 times
Congrats Kristy!

Don't forget to step outside at night, too ... enjoy the clear skies and the moonlight on the ranch.

It'll take a long time before the view gets "old" ....

Old 02-08-2007, 07:11 PM

24 posts, read 110,514 times
Default Congrats!!

Hey Kristi, I can only hope that ourmove goes as smooth, when we get to make it, as my daughter has told us that she may be pregnant and she is no were near mature enough to leave here on her own with a new baby. Husband is not happy, told him to go ahead without us, I can handle living here alone for a few years, or until I can convince her to move with us. We are still planning to come for a visit in July, so hopefully we can all meet up and have a little party.
Congrats Again, Peggy

Old 02-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapetoo View Post
We are still planning to come for a visit in July, so hopefully we can all meet up and have a little party.
Congrats Again, Peggy

That is probably when my better half and I will be there. Sometime around 4th of July week. We should get together. Party at Kristy's house

Old 02-08-2007, 09:50 PM

39 posts, read 247,499 times
Default A little shy......

I have been looking at Wyoming for 2 years....thought about Laramie and then found this website. I have been so impressed with all the insight, good and bad, and it has been very helpful. I have been through Kristy's move, corvette guys indecision(you will eventually KNOW, it will come to you, those that appear not too happy about new comers and then there is jgussler. I really like you!!! I will be heading Sheridan or Buffalo way come June with my daughter and two grandsons. I have lived in the Phoenix area (west) for the past 25 years. I will be 50 soon(and am looking forward to it) and need a much cooler climate. Talk about extreme weather. I moved from Lake Tahoe to come here.(job related) I lived in the country, horses, kids could roam safely, but there is sooo much growth..(all the Californians..lol) I have to leave. I love the outdoors, was always a tomboy(yet feminine) and don't mind helping others(seems to be my lifes calling) and will work hard. Am looking forward to the change. I know what I am getting in to. As long as I have a wood stove and water, I will be fine.
Krysti, I'm glad you all made it and hope to meet you all when we arrive. I will have an RV, just for the summer, until we can find a place to live, hopefully out in the country.(Where we are now) All of you all have been great...moderator, alot of info, also.
Julie

Old 02-08-2007, 10:03 PM

39 posts, read 247,499 times
By the way, Kristyn, if you find out anymore about home schooling, would you please let me know? May be interested, but it sounds like the schools are really good and the classes aren't too large. I have a 6 year old grandson(will be in 1st grade in the fall and my other grandson is almost 2. )It is the beginning of a wonderful adventure for them. Good luck and best of all to you....what a great place to raise your family..

Old 02-08-2007, 10:22 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Kristynwy,

When you came up 5th, you passed a sinclair station and then about a quarter mile further, you passed Mydland Rd. that is city limits. that's also the street I live down.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:57 AM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,254,279 times
Default Sheridan

Kristynwy - congrats on your arrival!!! Welcome to WY. Glad to have you here.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdumars View Post
I have been looking at Wyoming for 2 years....thought about Laramie and then found this website. .... corvette guys indecision(you will eventually KNOW, it will come to you,

Wait a minute....I resemble that remark It's not so much indecision as making the right decision the first time It is true however, that I am undecided between MY and WY. Hopefully after a road trip, my wife and I will have better insight as to what to do, and where to go.
I am favoring WY, because the job market seems better (we'll see in about 6 years though ) and it seems like you get more for your $$$ i.e. land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming