Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 10:23 PM

403 posts, read 458,119 times

Advertisements

The sentence that you quoted from my previous post was meant to convey my astonishment at a person who lives elsewhere and spends his time running down the population of an entire state. If your hobby is hanging out on city data badmouthing a state, then maybe it’s time to take a hard look in the mirror.

I came here with nothing but a job offer and a good work ethic. I made some good decisions along the way. But what made me happy in life is getting married, starting a family, and looking for ways to help my neighbors.

My life isn’t perfect. But if I concentrate super hard on what’s going wrong in my life, I know it will pay huge negative dividends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
"I can’t imagine why anybody would devote so much of their time not enjoying life."

THAT. Right there. ^ is the exact...'aura' I have come to expect from those NDak is indirectly-referring to.

You have your reasons, Goshwyo...I totally get it...I'm not throwing stones here because I know better...but...if I have learned anything during my time in this region, it is this: if one does not come here with full-intentions of carving-out a decent slice of Shangri-La for themselves (having a good nest-egg already built-up & quietly earning interest does'nt hurt of course) AND having a walk & talk (stance ?) as if one literally just stepped-off the latest Duluth Trading Co. commercial (ie: "GET a pair !") certainly helps 'earn' oneself a seat at the Big-Boy table...

...otherwise...only an eyebrow or two are raised in detached bemusement, while they quietly wager amongst themselves "I give them a year...maybe two...and they're gone..."

...and without missing a beat, they go back to sipping coffee while reading the scores from last nights Cowboys game, budget-adjustments for Game & Fish or sage-chicken protections, whatever the latest-scandal reported on from within the Casper City-Council or whichever individual is running for Governor next go-round...etc, etc...

But God help ya, if you're down & out...because even if they DON'T know ya...they already assume they've got ya ALL figured-out...so you'd probably have better luck asking for help from that nasty badger glaring at you, on the other side of the fence.

Being in town is one thing, but anywhere else..it's more like: "Don't know ya...don't WANNA know ya."

(the irony that I find MYSELF getting that way is NOT lost on me, btw)

From day-one, I always tried to over-extend myself...but it only took a few yrs to learn to stop that and just keep my head down, eyes forward & my trap shut...

...internet simply tends to provide a cathartic-means by which I can vent, which is certainly better than keeping it bottled-up inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 11:06 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,624,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post
The sentence that you quoted from my previous post was meant to convey my astonishment at a person who lives elsewhere and spends his time running down the population of an entire state. If your hobby is hanging out on city data badmouthing a state, then maybe it’s time to take a hard look in the mirror.

I came here with nothing but a job offer and a good work ethic. I made some good decisions along the way. But what made me happy in life is getting married, starting a family, and looking for ways to help my neighbors.

My life isn’t perfect. But if I concentrate super hard on what’s going wrong in my life, I know it will pay huge negative dividends.
You have fourteen posts, but you're already one of us. Those two have been on the forum for years, but they're still outsiders and always will be. They think that this is the place to run down Wyoming; that's all they ever do.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:31 AM

403 posts, read 458,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You have fourteen posts, but you're already one of us. Those two have been on the forum for years, but they're still outsiders and always will be. They think that this is the place to run down Wyoming; that's all they ever do.
Thank you. Nice to be here.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:01 AM

11,557 posts, read 53,247,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post

All the more so in light of numerous C-D threads from years ago with ElkHunter and others relating our stories of being of assistance to our neighbors ... because that's how life really is in Wyoming for most of us.

No need to rehash those old posts now. Suffice to say that many of us here willingly assist our neighbors without expecting or asking for compensation ... because "it's the right thing to do".

Old 04-06-2018, 10:33 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,624,150 times
When my hips fell apart and I had to have both replaced, my neighbors went out of their way to help me. Wyoming people are the best people in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming