Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 10:49 AM

27 posts, read 80,985 times

Advertisements

Ok I Know Everyone Is Probably Sick Of Hearing These Questions But Here I Go. I Will Be In Gillette Wyoming In Less Than Two Weeks And I Found A Hotel For 65 A Night Is This A Good Price And How Long Do You Think It Will Tank Me To Get Into A Rental And How Much Will It Cost Me?? My Uncle Has An Rv I Could Use For The Summer Is This A Cost Worthy Option?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,133,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wi_framer View Post
Ok I Know Everyone Is Probably Sick Of Hearing These Questions But Here I Go. I Will Be In Gillette Wyoming In Less Than Two Weeks And I Found A Hotel For 65 A Night Is This A Good Price And How Long Do You Think It Will Tank Me To Get Into A Rental And How Much Will It Cost Me?? My Uncle Has An Rv I Could Use For The Summer Is This A Cost Worthy Option?
Sounds a little expensive to me. You should be able to find a "weekly" motel and get a better rate.

The RV is a good idea as it could take you months to find a rental unless your in the right place at the right time.

(capitalizing every word makes the post hard to read)

Old 03-03-2008, 04:20 PM

269 posts, read 830,432 times
sounds like your single so the rv is probally the best way to go. Especially considering the high cost of renting anything livable in the energy booming towns.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:01 PM

208 posts, read 910,844 times
I'm surprised you found anything under $100... maybe the motels/hotels are dropping their rates a bit because of the new apartments.

You're still going to pay a bunch for an RV, although not as much as for a hotel room. I would check around; some of the places are outrageous. I know there are some that aren't max capacity, so you're probably going to get a better deal there.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:06 PM

471 posts, read 1,510,862 times
Welcome to Gillette!

Wish you the best getting settled in.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:24 PM

6 posts, read 20,322 times
Default Rentals and motels in Gillette

Before you agree to the $65.00 per night you might want to check it out-- The motels and apartments in Kemmerer and Diamondville are in such poor condition and yet soooo expensive that they make you cringe
I would take the RV option anyday over staying in one of the hotels-- $65.00/week is cheap considering most of them in Kemmerer and Diamondville are $200.00 and up per week-- Best of luck-- if you stay in a hotel you may want to invest in some lysol.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:29 AM

Thanks for the help, when is a good time to bring the rv out. I have read some posts that said good luck finding a rv to make it through a WY winter. This rv is a little older but well insulated, my uncle also a carpenter beefed up the r value. And do i need big holding tanks or will i have a water and sewer hook up.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:06 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,133,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wi_framer View Post
Thanks for the help, when is a good time to bring the rv out. I have read some posts that said good luck finding a rv to make it through a WY winter. This rv is a little older but well insulated, my uncle also a carpenter beefed up the r value. And do i need big holding tanks or will i have a water and sewer hook up.
There is water and sewer hookups. And power too!

As to when you bring it out? When do you want to start living here?

For those that think that you can't live in a RV during the winter? Why not? I lived in a RV for 8 years in Wyoming. Right now there's thousands of people living in RV's year round up here. Nobody has froze to death yet.

People say, Don't do it, you can't live in an RV during the Winter in Wyoming. Then in their next sentence they say, "Good luck finding a space, cause all the parks are full."

Old 03-04-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
There is water and sewer hookups. And power too!

As to when you bring it out? When do you want to start living here?

For those that think that you can't live in a RV during the winter? Why not? I lived in a RV for 8 years in Wyoming. Right now there's thousands of people living in RV's year round up here. Nobody has froze to death yet.

People say, Don't do it, you can't live in an RV during the Winter in Wyoming. Then in their next sentence they say, "Good luck finding a space, cause all the parks are full."
I will be there in about 8 days but i don't want to drive it out right away though i plan on returning to WI three weeks later to get my diesel and job trailor if things pan out and work is strong. I am hoping to have someone drivie it out for me then now that i know it will be okay. Any idea on an average price i should plan for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: