Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 05:38 PM

2 posts, read 20,144 times

Advertisements

Hello all. This may sound like an odd inquiry, but I was wondering if you would be so kind as to share your thoughts about life in Casper as a young adult. I lived in Casper for a few years as a child and am currently considering a job opportunity that would bring me back to Casper. Frankly, one of my biggest concerns about a possible move to Casper is the community demographics. I am a 33 year old, single/divorced, professional male. I wonder about the social dynamics of Casper and the presence (or lack thereof) of other young adults to network and socialize with. In my research thus far, I am unaware of any particular industry draw, that would bring other young adults to Casper. I know that in the 1980's the oil and gas industry attracted people to Casper, but that is no longer the case. I am particularly concerned about dating.

I would very much appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the subject.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 08:44 AM

1 posts, read 6,214 times
Default Hi!!!

My name is Mo and i'm considering moving to Casper in Oct of this year!!! I'm coming from Chgo and i know that i'm facing a HUGE change but thats what i'm looking for!!! But i was also wondering if their are any 30 somethings, single living in that area!!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 12,106 times
My name is Angie and I have a possible job opportunity in Casper, Wyoming. I currently live in Indiana..five miles north of Louisville, KY. I have visited Wyoming before...only in Rock Springs, Jackson, and Cody. I am a twenty-seven single woman, and I want to know if this will be a good move. I am used to the night life of Louisville. Is Wyoming a great place for a single woman??

Old 03-17-2008, 10:16 PM

43 posts, read 147,120 times
My good friend lives in Casper and I go to hang out and visit fairly regularly. We are both twenty-somethings, and I have several single friends there who are early thirty-somethings. There are several fun bars to hang out at, and a variety to suit your tastes -- i.e. cowboy, classy, hip hop, dive bar, etc. there are options for all these.
The college has a fair number of students, the mall is decent, and there are good opportunities for hiking, shooting, off roading, etc. near town. There are martial art gyms and a rock climbing gym.

Angie, one of my friends is a single mother of 2 who moved to Casper from Wisconsin. She likes the Wyoming lifestyle a lot but has had a touch of trouble finding 'the perfect guy' so to speak. I think this may be due to her single-momness, rather than Casper guys, but I'm not sure.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:22 AM

56 posts, read 157,814 times
Default well..

I know KY pretty well, and you are going to have a shock coming to WY, however, I know there are the most (aside from Laramie and Cheyenne) there are the most young professionals in Casper. I think you will find it ok;however, you will be disapointed by food/bars - you are just coming into a culture like no other. I think I adapted better to England when I lived there.. I mostly am just always disapointed by service and how people dress. I was just raised that you take your hat off inside, no matter where you are.. it's funny, the real cowboys I know actually do take off their hats.. you will see a lot of men wearing the common uniform of WY workers. Baseball cap (dirty), hoodie sweatshirt, sunglasses on top of hat, and goatee - nascar shirt.

there are lots of fun outdoor things to do though!

Old 03-18-2008, 09:23 AM

56 posts, read 157,814 times
Default one more..

one more thing, Wyoming families tend to marry young, and I mean YOUNG. Many people at 33 have 3 children, nothing wrong with that, it's just that my guy friends always say all the women they meet have kids and have never been married or have been divorced at age 22. So be open minded about that.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:19 AM

44 posts, read 164,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
I know KY pretty well, and you are going to have a shock coming to WY, however, I know there are the most (aside from Laramie and Cheyenne) there are the most young professionals in Casper. I think you will find it ok;however, you will be disapointed by food/bars - you are just coming into a culture like no other. I think I adapted better to England when I lived there.. I mostly am just always disapointed by service and how people dress. I was just raised that you take your hat off inside, no matter where you are.. it's funny, the real cowboys I know actually do take off their hats.. you will see a lot of men wearing the common uniform of WY workers. Baseball cap (dirty), hoodie sweatshirt, sunglasses on top of hat, and goatee - nascar shirt.

there are lots of fun outdoor things to do though!
man sounds lke my kind of place!

Old 03-18-2008, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 12,106 times
Default Thanks

Thank you for the replies. If I was offered a the position to Casper, I now feel confident if I said yes.

I have no problem if people marry and have children young. Many of my friends and family started their families young. Unlike myself, I took the career path first and I hope to meet someone and start a family in the future.

Thanks for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming