Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 02:05 AM

27,306 posts, read 13,570,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Even more reasons soccer is popular...when England fans boo the wrong team , looks like diversity didn't help them that night lol:
I think you'll find a lot of English fans have long memories of how they were treated in Rome by the Ultras and other incidents.

Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham fans might even feel inclined to boo the Italians, and the way Italian police beat Manchester United fans with clubs in 2007, is not easily forgotten.

Irish Liverpool fan Sean Cox was left in a Coma and nearly died after being attacked by Roma fans, in Liverpool for wearing a Liverpool scarf.

Three Roma fans jailed over violent attack on Irish Liverpool fan Sean Cox released from prison - The Irish Post (2019)

Sean Cox: Man jailed for Liverpool fan assault - BBC News (2019)

Liverpool fans attacked by Italian hooligans brandishing iron bars ahead of Champions League tie in Rome - Evening Standard[ (May 2018)

Spurs fan tells of terror in Rome: 'They came out of nowhere, then I was stabbed' - Evening Standard (2012)

Roma supporters banned after Tottenham fans attack - BBC Sport (2012)

Inquiry launched after violent clashes see English fans stabbed and beaten - The Guardian (2007)

2007 A.S. Roma–Manchester United F.C. conflict - Wikipedia

A few more recent incidents -

Manchester United fans attacked outside Gdansk bar before final - The Guardian (26th May 2021)

Stabbed Manchester United fan recovering after surgery in Paris - The Guardian

Liverpool fans attacked by gang of 20 masked hooligans in Kiev - Evening Standard (2018)

Leicester fan battered into coma by Russian ultras at Euro 2016 has no memory of team's historic victory - Daily Mirror (2016)

Tottenham fans attacked in Brussels clashes ahead of Anderlecht game - Sky News (2015)

As for booing and other disgusting behaviour -

Bananas and monkey chants: Is racism endemic in Spanish football? - CNN

England to report racist abuse of players in Montenegro - BBC News (2019)

But never mind all that, a few England fans booed, someone put some swear words on a mural, and there were a few racist social media comments, the majority of which came from overseas, and were not even made by England fans.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-21-2021 at 02:31 AM..

Old 07-21-2021, 03:08 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,064,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I think you'll find a lot of English fans have long memories of how they were treated in Rome by the Ultras and other incidents.

Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham fans might even feel inclined to boo the Italians, and the way Italian police beat Manchester United fans with clubs in 2007, is not easily forgotten.

Irish Liverpool fan Sean Cox was left in a Coma and nearly died after being attacked by Roma fans, in Liverpool for wearing a Liverpool scarf.

Three Roma fans jailed over violent attack on Irish Liverpool fan Sean Cox released from prison - The Irish Post (2019)

Liverpool fans attacked by Italian hooligans brandishing iron bars ahead of Champions League tie in Rome - Evening Standard[ (May 2018)

Spurs fan tells of terror in Rome: 'They came out of nowhere, then I was stabbed' - Evening Standard (2012)

Inquiry launched after violent clashes see English fans stabbed and beaten - The Guardian (2007)

Manchester United fans attacked outside Gdansk bar before final - The Guardian (26th May 2021)

Liverpool fans attacked by gang of 20 masked hooligans in Kiev - Evening Standard (2018)

Leicester fan battered into coma by Russian ultras at Euro 2016 has no memory of team's historic victory - Daily Mirror (2016)

Tottenham fans attacked in Brussels clashes ahead of Anderlecht game - Sky News (2015)

But never mind all that, a few England fans booed, someone put some swear words on a mural, and there were a few racist social media comments, the majority of which came from overseas, and were not even made by England fans.
I've taken my Mrs and kids to Stamford Bridge a few times, no problems whatsoever, but because they are black I wouldn't dream of taking them anywhere near any football match in Europe................ but, you know some English fans 'booed' the Italian anthem!

Old 07-21-2021, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I've taken my Mrs and kids to Stamford Bridge a few times, no problems whatsoever, but because they are black I wouldn't dream of taking them anywhere near any football match in Europe................ but, you know some English fans 'booed' the Italian anthem!

I have never seen any problems in the Premier League and clubs like Chelsea are fairly family friendly.

The fact there was some booing and the mural coupled with social media, as well as the FA's security at Wembley, probably means we should not even bother bidding for the World Cup, as it's pointless.

I suspect Saudi Arabia might be given the 2030 World Cup, given there excellent human rights record, and the fact they have a fat envelope full of money for FIFA officials.

Then again FIFA are as corrupt and undemocratic as the EU.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:21 AM

Quote:

I have never seen any problems in the Premier League and clubs like Chelsea are fairly family friendly.

The fact there was some booing and the mural coupled with social media, as well as the FA's security at Wembley, probably means we should not even bother bidding for the World Cup, as it's pointless.

I suspect Saudi Arabia might be given the 2030 World Cup, given there excellent human rights record, and the fact they have a fat envelope full of money for FIFA officials.

Then again FIFA are as corrupt and undemocratic as the EU.
Of course we know that the English used to like a ruck back in the day but Stamford Bridge is a VERY different place now compared to how it was in the 1980's. The problem is 'Johnny Foreigner' thinks English football is the same beast as it was 40 years ago. Hence the 'issues' English fans get when abroad. The authorities started to get on top of hooliganism in the English game after Hillsborough, the authorities didn't seem to understand the mentality of your average 1980's hooligan, always looking for the reasons why it was happening, poverty, racism, disaffected youth etc, the truth is though it was just people that liked a punch up (first rule of fight club!), they finally got their heads around it and now the troublemakers basically are banned from travelling abroad to any country where English football clubs are playing.

Old 07-21-2021, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Of course we know that the English used to like a ruck back in the day but Stamford Bridge is a VERY different place now compared to how it was in the 1980's. The problem is 'Johnny Foreigner' thinks English football is the same beast as it was 40 years ago. Hence the 'issues' English fans get when abroad. The authorities started to get on top of hooliganism in the English game after Hillsborough, the authorities didn't seem to understand the mentality of your average 1980's hooligan, always looking for the reasons why it was happening, poverty, racism, disaffected youth etc, the truth is though it was just people that liked a punch up (first rule of fight club!), they finally got their heads around it and now the troublemakers basically are banned from travelling abroad to any country where English football clubs are playing.
Totally Agree.

Football culture has also changed a lot, however England are still picked on in relation to even minor incidents, whilst the real football hooliganism, which is often linked to real fascism and racism in Europe is largely ignored.

Old 07-21-2021, 06:08 AM

89 posts, read 49,436 times
american sports are boring as hell. they say soccer popular because it is cheap YES but still even if it is cheap you still need SKILL TO play it on pro level high of high. american sports cheap as well or some expensive but that is reason why because anybody who trains all day and night will get on team in pro level soccer is more SKILL american sports more cordination simple one and i guess hard work that has nothing to do with making you skilfull but your body more powefull

Old 07-21-2021, 06:13 AM

Quote:
so sick and tired of this black special victims and everybody harass them what about morata wife who was actualy had LEGIT THREAT TO HER AND HER CHILDREN that they will be killed. or muriqi and hisaji in lazio who got insulted probably lot worse and more detailed and focused then any black special victim in the football stadium. so sick and tired of monkey emoji and being called wanker is somehow worst insult and it is end of the world when it happenes

Old 07-21-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamies View Post
so sick and tired of this black special victims and everybody harass them what about morata wife who was actualy had LEGIT THREAT TO HER AND HER CHILDREN that they will be killed. or muriqi and hisaji in lazio who got insulted probably lot worse and more detailed and focused then any black special victim in the football stadium. so sick and tired of monkey emoji and being called wanker is somehow worst insult and it is end of the world when it happenes
The point is I've taken them to Stamford Bridge and they HAVEN'T been 'harassed', your post is a PRIME example as to why I wouldn't take them anywhere near a football stadium in some other European countries!

Old 07-21-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
The point is I've taken them to Stamford Bridge and they HAVEN'T been 'harassed', your post is a PRIME example as to why I wouldn't take them anywhere near a football stadium in some other European countries!
i dont care i am just saying there is much more serious and violent treats that are happening in stadiums then just emoji monkey or monkey chants or online calling someone wanker. and by the way are you trying to say that blacks are above everybody else so they should not experience what every other race experience in stadiums like morata and others did or you trying to say they are SPECIAL AND WHEN THEY ARE INSTADIUMS PEOPLE SHOULD BE ON THEIR BEST BEHAVIOUR LOL. SEE THIS PISSES ME OFF EVERYBODY ELSE CAN GO THROUGH SERIOUS HARASMENT BUT BLACKS SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT MEDIA WILL BE ALL OVER IT BUT FOR OTHER RACES MEDIA IS SAYING IT IS ACCEPTABLE FOR THEM TO GO THROUGH HARASMENT

Old 07-21-2021, 07:34 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,898,674 times
Quote:

Looks like a great sporting event. I hope we can have "" football. " fandom just like Europe...NOT.
WE HAVE ENOUGH problems with. Left wing. ANTIFA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World