Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 12:05 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,423,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
That's just the point though - The MAJORITY, are NOT.

Perhaps you are confused by what's meant by pale-skinned! Anyway according to the BritainsDna Project and ScotlandsDna Project in 2014, the overall composition on eye colour amongst ethnic Britons is as the following Blue(48%), Green(30%) and Brown(24%). This indicate that the most common eye colour among the Britons is indeed blue, followed by green then brown. This proves again that Britain is a North European country with 78% light-eyed (blue+green). On the hand in most of the world, the most common eye colour is brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 12:22 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,337,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Yes northern Russians are pretty pale too, however the Irish,(White) British, Scandinavians have a higher frequency of skin phototype I/II than Russians. Nearly 80% of the Irish population are of skin phototype I/II, that's much higher than for Russians.
Interesting fact. But Irish, British, and Scandinavians don't have the dark Middle Eastern looking people like Russians along the Black Sea.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:26 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Perhaps you are confused by what's meant by pale-skinned! Anyway according to the BritainsDna Project and ScotlandsDna Project in 2014, the overall composition on eye colour amongst ethnic Britons is as the following Blue(48%), Green(30%) and Brown(24%). This indicate that the most common eye colour among the Britons is indeed blue, followed by green then brown. This proves again that Britain is a North European country with 78% light-eyed (blue+green). On the hand in most of the world, the most common eye colour is brown.
Yes but once again you are discounting a large percentage of Britons because you think they are not 'Anglo Saxon' enough to be counted as British, am I right or am I right? :-)

Old 11-24-2016, 10:14 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,618,080 times
And what about Spaniards? (I'll copy and paste a post from other thread)

Those are most of the players of the Spanish National Football team. Good example to show the enormous diversity that someone can find in Spain, as dozens and dozens of tribes and peoples passed or settled through Spain:

Iker Casillas

Sergio Ramos, born in Sevilla, Andalucía, in the southwest of Spain.

Gerard Piqué (his name is "Gerard", which is a name not uncommon in Catalonia or the Balearic Islands)

Andrés Iniesta

Álvaro Morata

David De Gea

Cesc Fábregas

David Silva

Isco

Nolito

Juan Mata

Vitolo

Aduriz

Bellerin

Koke

Marc Bartra

Paco Alcácer

Jordi Alba

Carvajal

Nacho Monreal

Xabi Alonso

Old 11-24-2016, 10:19 AM

10 of some of the most famous Spanish actresses:

Penélope Cruz

Blanca Suárez

Amaia Salamanca

María Valverde

Vanesa Romero

Belén Rueda

Clara Lago

Paula Echevarría

Úrsula Corberó

Cristina Castaño

5 of the most famous TV presenters:

Patricia Conde

Cristina Pedroche

Anna Simón

Luján Argüelles

Pilar Rubio

PS: For me, she is one of the most beautiful females that I've ever seen.

Although I also think that Hungary is the most diverse country from Europe.

Old 11-25-2016, 02:20 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Maybe we should post a picture of the English National football team, or the French one to see if the guys there are all exactly the same colour with the same 'pasty skins' and red hair like Saxonwold claims.....................or are they going to be a multitude of 'skin tones' and eye colours like I expect? Hey they might even be almost as diverse as the incredibly diverse Hungarians eh!?? lol

Old 11-25-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Maybe we should post a picture of the English National football team, or the French one to see if the guys there are all exactly the same colour with the same 'pasty skins' and red hair like Saxonwold claims.....................or are they going to be a multitude of 'skin tones' and eye colours like I expect? Hey they might even be almost as diverse as the incredibly diverse Hungarians eh!?? lol
But the difference buddy is that in the French team, for example, most are from north african or african descent, some ones even born in Africa and with French citizenship.

In Spain only 2 players are born outside Spain or they have foreign parents, and obviously I didn't include none of them. I don't know for England, since I'm not a very big football fan.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:20 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,267,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post

Penélope Cruz

Blanca Suárez

Amaia Salamanca

María Valverde

Vanesa Romero

Belén Rueda

Clara Lago

Paula Echevarría

Úrsula Corberó

Cristina Castaño

Patricia Conde

Cristina Pedroche

Anna Simón

Luján Argüelles

Pilar Rubio

Those Spanish women are the best for sure

Italians are very diverse too.

Northern ones I've met were blonde and red heads too,
from Udine area in NE.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
On both the French and English teams, we have also many who have non-European origin to begin with, so your point becomes irrelevant. On the French team is a great number of Sub-Saharan Africans like Pogba. Nevertheless guys like Wayne Rooney or Steve Gerrard look typically British.

Last edited by saxonwold; 11-29-2016 at 09:03 PM..

Old 11-30-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post

Penélope Cruz

Blanca Suárez

Amaia Salamanca

María Valverde

Vanesa Romero

Belén Rueda

Clara Lago

Paula Echevarría

Úrsula Corberó

Cristina Castaño

Patricia Conde

Cristina Pedroche

Anna Simón

Luján Argüelles

Pilar Rubio

Spain is a Mediterranean country by excellence! Why hide the true Mediterraean look not the light-pigmented ones, due to the fact that Spain anyway has one of the lowest frequency for light eyes, light hair in Europe.

From North Spain!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World