Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 10:19 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times

Advertisements

I live in the U.S., but my comfort zone is the east coast cities. For a lot of reasons, this region is what feels like home to me compared to most other places in this country.

Do you feel the same way about the place where you live or would like to live within your own country?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 02:57 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
I would only wish to live in three areas in the UK:

Cotswolds/Oxford ( where I live)
Bath and surrounding area
Edinburgh

Plenty of other areas I love to visit but the above three are the only places which seem to fulfill my personal criteria for what I like in my life.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:03 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Yes. I much prefer the American South. My two favorite states are Virginia and Texas. I'd gladly live out the rest of my life in either of those states.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:50 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,173 times
San Francisco/Bay Area. I don't think I could live anywhere else within the US.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:34 AM

5,585 posts, read 984,541 times
Though I have been established/acclimated in the Michigan U.S. area all my life. I would only choose to stay & live on the Eastern side of the U.S., but not necessarily where I reside at present. I could stand to visit many areas of the U.S. but only live on the Eastern side.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:45 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,115,307 times
I'm from Scotland come from the lowlands (west coast) quite populated with lovely little towns and villages but I love the highlands of Scotland especially Glencoe and the beaches are to die for.

It's the most peaceful/spiritual place i've visited.

Here are photos from my personal collection, they really don´t do these places justice but I think a visual aid always helps.

Buachaille Etive Mòr

Now living in Spain my comfort zone is just being here in Andalucia, it's one of the most beautiful places on earth for me, very magical and full of history. I love the laid back style of life.

The sea (I´m 10 minutes from the beach)

Last edited by Scotslass; 07-18-2012 at 11:53 AM..

Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 PM

210 posts, read 565,565 times
I'd rather live in NYC or Miami :/. Something about the east coast attracts me...

Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times
Norway:

Southeast: Where I live. Oslo is located there. I like the scenery and the climate is ok. Great job opportunities in the Oslo area.

Southern coast: Somewhat warmer climate compared to the Southeast (Oslo region). Nice scenery. Even the biggest city, Kristiansand (82,000 people), is way too small for me.

Western Norway: I dislike the wet climate. Great scenery. Bergen is far prettier than Oslo. Too bad the citizens are so full of themselves. The dialect (bergensk) is awful, too

Trondheim region: Trondheim is rather dull. I would not like to live there.

Northern Norway: Lofoten is stunning. I would not dream of living up there. It is way too cold and dark (even by Norwegian standards). Poor job opportunities.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Good idea, Scotslass.

Here are some of the reasons I love the Southern US, and especially Virginia and Texas:

Autumn in Virginia (recent trip to Williamsburg):

Virginia Beach in the fall:

The beautiful Shenandoah Valley:

And now for some Texas!

First of all, my favorite sittin' spot - my own front porch!

And the view out my front door (previous house):

Beautiful East Texas:

Caddo Lake, not far from my house:

And the gorgeous Hill Country!

Oh, wait - San Antonio!

OMG, and Fort Worth!

Oh, and finally - can't forget South Padre Island:

Old 07-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 7 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
I don’t know if my situation counts for this because there is 4 regions of the USA I enjoy a lot such as the 1. Pacific Northwest Washington state/Oregon, 2. California 3. Chicago Midwest. 4. Some parts of Northeast/New England from Washington DC to Boston+Vermont.

I easily prefer all of those areas over the Southern/Southeastern USA, so maybe that compensates, and I would be included and qualify for the thread topic question.

I am not particularly enthusiastic with most of the Midwest, but Chicago is definitely the exception, and it is one of my favorite USA cities, so I had to include it for one of my favorite regions, despite the rest of the Midwest.

I don’t enjoy most of the Southern/Southeastern USA and kind of hate some parts of it such as Georgia, South Carolina, and Mississippi for some examples and those type of areas may be dragging the USA down.

The only exceptions to that might be some parts of Texas, Florida, and North Carolina that are okay, so I am not referring to those 3 states.

I enjoy Hawaii and areas of the Inner West such as Colorado but not quite as much as my 4 favorite regions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World