Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2020, 11:06 PM

61,650 posts, read 87,023,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'd imagine the Eastern European nations would bore me, though. Even Hungary or the Czech Republic doesn't thrill me much.
It seems that you lack imagination. Visit first, then voice opinion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 04:09 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,593,936 times
Belgium comes first to mind. Followed by
Bangladesh, and then
Philippines.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:43 PM

30,613 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
Belgium comes first to mind. Followed by
Bangladesh, and then
Philippines.
You've been to these places, right? Care to expand on why you put them down?

Old 07-12-2020, 03:41 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,593,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You've been to these places, right? Care to expand on why you put them down?
Rated strictly on touriatic attraction, OK?
Belgium is the New Jersey of Europe. Dense and busy, but a few quaint spots.
Bangladesh, for its density, has a surprising lot of quiet pretty countryside, but nothing
historical or eyecatching.
Philippines, also, little to see historical, unchangimg geography, ho-hum food, but plenty of beaches, wonderful people.

Old 07-12-2020, 04:23 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,434,325 times
Quote:
Antwerp, Ghent, Liege, Brussels, Charleroi, Bruges etc etc are nothing like New Jersey.

Belgium is full of grand historic cities, with large plazas and squares, and cobbled streets.

It has historic pubs with seating outside and is renowned for it's beer, and there are numerous beer festivals.

Belgium is also very well positioned in terms of transport and especially rail, and is in easy reach of numerous major cities such as London Paris and Amsterdam, as well as many German cities.

I really don't see the comparison with New Jersey.

Old 07-12-2020, 04:29 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,513,658 times
Ireland in Spring.

Satellite television has kept the locals at home, and most rural pubs are now sports bars with just a few people watching "football". Society has changed in recent years.

We found people just watching the sheep grow. Dull.

Old 07-12-2020, 04:51 AM

1,117 posts, read 841,186 times
Quote:
Bangladesh, for its density, has a surprising lot of quiet pretty countryside, but nothing
historical or eyecatching.
Philippines, also, little to see historical, unchangimg geography, ho-hum food, but plenty of beaches, wonderful people.
Philippines, unchanging geography? I know it's a tropical country, but there are literally mountains so high that they're above the clouds and it gets below freezing regularly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgvWoQj8ZfE

And even the types of beaches vary. There are typical flat island beaches you find all over the tropics, but there are are also beaches with large limestone formations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioq1u3VvWRk

Not to mention volcanoes, rainforests, rolling hills, open grasslands. It's not a big country, so don't expect a huge variety, but it does have its fair share

Last edited by manolopo; 07-12-2020 at 05:03 AM..

Old 07-12-2020, 05:05 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'd imagine the Eastern European nations would bore me, though. Even Hungary or the Czech Republic

Then good luck finding a country where 90% of the population has covid and where people wear BLM shirts + the american flag, maybe there's a reason why you'd like that and not eastern europe.

edit: Lol just saw your post is from 2011, this explains a lot...

Old 07-12-2020, 06:02 AM

569 posts, read 507,333 times
Denmark, Australia and maybe NZ too.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:32 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,796,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
USA because of Urban Sprawl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Mode Pls View Post
Canada and their great "usa boarder cities*
There are a lot of North Americans in this forum. We can take a guess at whether or not places line Canada and the USA are boring to visitors but really we just don’t know. We live here and have bias. Canada and the US are quite similar so Americans and Canadians are also biased judging each other as well. A true opinion of value on the subject would come from outside North America, preferably from outside the Anglophone world.

I don’t believe my country is boring but ask an Asian or a European and you will get a more useful answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World