Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 07:33 PM

475 posts, read 1,649,780 times

Advertisements

I don't known if women are cut out for the working world or not. I will not hire the ladies just for this reason!

from another post!!

"I quit my last job without another lined up. It was an abusive environment. I cried a lot. Several of us quit. At the same time, I had some kid-related issues come up that caused me to want to be at home for awhile. Also, I was not in a state of mind to go from one job to another. I felt like a battered wife at my last job and you wouldn't tell a battered wife to go from one relationship to another without a break to decompress. Of the other 3 that quit, only one lined up another job first.

I have always saved about 50% of my income so I have savings to live of off. I am now looking for a new job."

[+] Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 07:34 PM

26,328 posts, read 94,169,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dick1973 View Post
I don't known if women are cut out for the working world or not. I will not hire the ladies just for this reason!
You've just provided documented evidence should someone ever want to sue you for discrimination.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:39 PM

191 posts, read 695,345 times
If someone has worked hard enough to get into a position of some authority, they should have the right to hire who ever they want. Also, I believe there are some jobs out there that just favor one gender over the other, it goes both ways.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Mustang View Post
If someone has worked hard enough to get into a position of some authority, they should have the right to hire who ever they want.
They can, but there may be consequences in court.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:14 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,053,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dick1973 View Post
I don't known if women are cut out for the working world or not.
I think that horse already bolted the barn considering they make up almost 50% of the workforce.

WB - Statistics & Data (http://www.dol.gov/wb/stats/main.htm - broken link)

Old 03-21-2010, 09:47 PM

16,228 posts, read 21,458,283 times
Please...Just because some woman was distressed and had a touchy feely post you can't make out like all women would react like that.
I work circles around a lot of the guys I work with.
I have to chase them down to get them started on the jobs we're supposed to be doing, because they all like to sit around having a hen party, yakking about video games and sports and movies. They can't seem to get anything done without practically holding each others hands. You know that old bit about folks working harder to avoid working... that definitely applies to these guys. Does that mean all men are slackers?

Old 03-22-2010, 05:02 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,151,861 times
The only reason why most men don't have to choose their jobs and careers over childcare issues is because wifey or girlfriend is the one who DOES. Time after time it's USUALLY the woman who works part time or at a lower level job or for less $ or hours because 'someone' has to be the parent in case the child(ren) need her.

Of course some men do this. But for the most part, world wide, it's women.

Someday I hope more corporations realize there is a real parenting vs. work dilemma here in the USA. The smart ones will do something about it and stop making women look like vapid crybabies who want to goof off to 'stay home' with their kids.

MAYBE if we had more support, we'd be better workers. I guess women were cut out for the work force when they did all the jobs during WW II....

When is this country going to GET IT?

Old 03-22-2010, 05:50 AM

I'm a Super Dad; I'm a dad AND I have a career.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:27 AM

853 posts, read 4,059,944 times
I tried to rep you GypsySoul, but it said I had to spread it around......I agree 100%!!

I also agree with you DubbleT! Many men I have worked with in the past seem to be better at making their work sound good that actually working hard, or at least as hard as some of the women.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:18 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,151,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I'm a Super Dad; I'm a dad AND I have a career.
Do you work from home/have flexible hours?

I don't doubt men can be 'super dads' but it's the moms who do most of the childcare in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment