Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 05:40 PM

28 posts, read 151,365 times

Advertisements

Hello! I also have a question regarding the hiring process for the Army Corps of Engineers under Federal jobs. I'm an engineer currently living in the Mid-Atlantic Region looking to relocate to the south and work in the federal sector of employment. I'm currently employed in the private sector. I have my resume with the Feds on USA Jobs and with the Army Corps of Engineers for the past 3-4 months. Some of the applications with the Corps of Engineers were declined in the early stage because of not meeting criteria and a few I tracked with the Army Corps site gave me a response of "Your resume has been referred to the selecting official for consideration for this vacancy". Has anyone experienced this feedback with the feds or Army Corps early in the game? Does it mean my application was dwindled down from a few hundred applicants to say 50 and be sitting on some managers’ desk for another month or two, perhaps till the later part of the year? Is there any real positive outcome from this statement or just something meaningless? Anyone experiencing employment or the application process with the feds or the Army Corps of Engineers I would like to hear your feedback. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 05:48 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,477,336 times
It is a semi-automated response. The best way to find out what is happening is to some how make a connection with some one that actually works in the general area and find out what the actual hiring time line is, with out that you really don't know when any decisions will be made. It is, after all, about the largest bureaucracy on the planet...

Old 03-15-2010, 07:58 PM

28 posts, read 151,365 times
Chet, thanks for the input. I may have one lead from the past that worked with the Army Corps years ago. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment