Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 12:49 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,109,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethearttx View Post
Look my dear, I work in a field (marketing/PR/communications) that is the first one cut in a bad economy. The jobs are not there right now and competition is outrageous. YOU have no right to criticize my attempts when YOU have a job and YOU know nothing about the climate for my particular area. And if you want to kick people when they are down, then go ahead. Karma is a b*tch, it will come back to bite you one day. Obviously YOUR life has been out of control and you got yourself into some bad situations, and I could easily judge you for your consistent bad decision making.
I work in the same field as you do, but because I work for a small company and have recruiting experience, I help out with that as well. I got this job because I had a lot more to put on the table than just being able to write.

And regarding my past--I learned to NEVER have to rely on anyone else financially, and to always have a nest egg that no one else can touch. I don't care if you want to judge, go ahead--although "consistent bad decision making" is a gross exageration. My past has made me stronger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
That's all she has ever done on here is GLOAT and KICK people when they are down. Never understood why she does that
Actually you are wrong. I've (privately) given job leads to half a dozen people on this forum, and helped others with resumes or hook ups with recruiters.

You are the one that gloats about coworkers getting canned.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
You know, some people are just that way. Usually because they are bitter about something in their own lives. Of course they would never admit it and would deny it to the ends of the earth. But that's usually what makes people that way. Bitterness and unhappiness with themselves, so they feel the need to kick others when they are down or gloat in order to boost themselves up. I'm glad I'm not one of them.
I'm not bitter about anything. Things that I could be bitter about I chose not to be and moved on. I'm actually very happy with my life.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:53 PM

563 posts, read 1,712,369 times
Look...the point is...please stop complaining. There are too many people out of work and nobody cares to hear about your minor annoyances, regardless of your view or mine. Be considerate of those of us who are struggling and keep your petty complaints to yourself. The world is full of much bigger problems.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:54 PM

Read the title of the post. The first word is VENT. If you don't want to read a vent, then why did you bother to open the thread?

This is a "Work and Employment" forum. It is not an "Out of Work and Unemployed" forum. It's a place to dicuss issues in the workplace, and that's exactly what I did.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Read the title of the post. The first word is VENT. If you don't want to read a vent, then why did you bother to open the thread?
Oh good LORD let it GO! I read it because I have vented about my frustrations with job searches, as have others, and I thought from the posting title it was the same type of vent! Instead it was something petty! So yes, I responded, because this vent was a waste of MY time and insulting to those of us who are looking for work!

Old 08-29-2009, 12:57 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,087,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Because a lot of people who don' know you probably thought you were a person venting about your job search and employers wasting your time

Old 08-29-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandsportsguy View Post
because a lot of people who don' know you probably thought you were a person venting about your job search and employers wasting your time
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Oh good LORD let it GO! I read it because I have vented about my frustrations with job searches, as have others, and I thought from the posting title it was the same type of vent! Instead it was something petty! So yes, I responded, because this vent was a waste of MY time and insulting to those of us who are looking for work!
This is a "Work and Employment" forum. It is not an "Out of Work and Unemployed" forum. It's a place to dicuss issues in the workplace, and that's exactly what I did.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:59 PM

She can't even agree to disagree can she, and maybe think about the people who are reading here "vents"? She just has to keep on going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment