Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,482 times

Advertisements

There are lots of individuals who would love to have a job and you are joking about being unemployed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Usually, I would have this unburdened feeling, but I don't. I actually think it's kind of sad the working conditions are so poor I had to quit. Especially in this market.

Anyway, let's look for the silver linings in the cloud. Let's look at the bright side. Let's hear it for all us unemployed, or soon to be unemployed people!

What are the good things about being unemployed?! They are out there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 11:39 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,485,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coll4040 View Post
There are lots of individuals who would love to have a job and you are joking about being unemployed.
Who said I was joking? Trying to make the best of a bad situation maybe, but not joking.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,833,533 times
being unemployed is never good unless you are retired. the other unemployed will do nothing to help you they are in trouble too.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 PM

568 posts, read 1,483,085 times
Quote:
Usually, I would have this unburdened feeling, but I don't. I actually think it's kind of sad the working conditions are so poor I had to quit. Especially in this market.

Anyway, let's look for the silver linings in the cloud. Let's look at the bright side. Let's hear it for all us unemployed, or soon to be unemployed people!

What are the good things about being unemployed?! They are out there!

I hope you have money saved up, buddy.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
being unemployed is never good unless you are retired. the other unemployed will do nothing to help you they are in trouble too.
I've had lots of periods of unemployment in my life and some did serve a purpose - like graduate school or just times I decided to move on. Now a fellow like you would probably never hire someone like me, but someone like me may well hire someone like me (or might not hire someone like you. Our personanities could clash). There are no absolutes in life except death and taxes. And what, now I am "trouble too?" because I am leaving an untenable situation of my own volition?

Old 01-04-2009, 11:55 PM

635 posts, read 1,692,276 times
Quote:
I really wish I was through with the place and didn't have to work two more weeks though
Now, that's just brutal. I did that before several years back. To avoid the "Walk of Shame" with my little box of nothings off my desk, I removed them a few at a time so that when the last day came, I got up and left. (Cleaned out my emails and made copies of what I needed during Batman hours.)

Old 01-05-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhere View Post
Now, that's just brutal. I did that before several years back. To avoid the "Walk of Shame" with my little box of nothings off my desk, I removed them a few at a time so that when the last day came, I got up and left. (Cleaned out my emails and made copies of what I needed during Batman hours.)
I don't have one personal thing there. Emails have been strictly for work purposes. So there is nothing to remove. But I know what you mean.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:51 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,514,913 times
Quote:
WRONG ANSWER! We're supposed to be looking at the upside of being unemployed
You can sleep until 11am.

You can sit in bed and drink coffee till noon.

You can get out of bed and enjoy a leisurely snack at 12:30.

You can play on the Internet and watch Netflix movies until well after midnight.

You never have to see your annoying boss or coworkers again!

Old 01-05-2009, 07:30 PM

935 posts, read 2,418,375 times
Quote:
Who said I was joking? Trying to make the best of a bad situation maybe, but not joking.
I agree, you sound like you want to make the best of a bad situation. While it might be a bit of a rough economy, I'm glad to see that you're trying to think positive. Besides, it means you are more willing to try to find a job later on than someone who is sad and just gives up. I say, keep looking on the bright side and keep track of your finances as well.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 PM

5,651 posts, read 19,423,862 times
It gave me the impetus to go in a completely different direction in my career - one that is good because it will be easier to get a job if I am ever without work again, with the new skills I am learning. Before the field I was concentrated in was completley and utterly glutted and the whole entire industry is going in a BAD direction. I am glad I got out. That and I don't have to hear the word "branding" anymore...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment