Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 04:47 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,522,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
24 months minimum schooling to be able to sit for the ARRT national registry exam. There is relatively good job security and jobs are located nationwide. Many different aspects of Radiology that one can specialize in.

Make sure you understand about on call work, and working holidays, weekends or nights. Schools won't tell you about that.

Or that you might have to move away from friends or family to find a job now. At least my school told us that years ago.

Make sure you know that doctors are very difficult to work for, because they are scared to death of being sued. If one doesn't like you, it is the kiss of death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 06:46 PM

367 posts, read 489,059 times
The Radiology field is still not very good, I predict it will get slightly better but never be how it was in the late 90's early 2000's.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:24 PM

5,901 posts, read 3,911,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Fungus View Post
The Radiology field is still not very good, I predict it will get slightly better but never be how it was in the late 90's early 2000's.
How bad was it back in November of 2008 when this thread was started compared to now? I had thought about Radiology during that time period during my first year of college but went a completely different route. Wonder if things got any better for it because it was certainly very hyped back then. I don't know if

Old 09-25-2015, 11:24 AM

367 posts, read 489,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
How bad was it back in November of 2008 when this thread was started compared to now? I had thought about Radiology during that time period during my first year of college but went a completely different route. Wonder if things got any better for it because it was certainly very hyped back then. I don't know if
I think it's slightly better with some of the baby boomers being retirement age, the problem is it seems most are not retiring till at least 68. It's still not good by any means, but the arrow on this field has been pointing down for a while now and I think the future is slightly better because of the baby boomers. It's still very hard for new grads to get a full time job with benefits, I would say 20% if that find a full time job with benefits with in 6 months after graduation.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:52 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,515,594 times
I'm in the Radiography program now at City Colleges of Chicago. It's a 2 year course and I just started this summer. Our professor said the market has been pretty low but it's getting better. She said about every 10 year or so it peaks. By the time I'm done, 2017, it should start to pick up again. Here in Chicago we have tons of hospitals and clinics and our school is affiliated with 14 of those hospitals. So I'm hopeful. Almost all rad techs they employ comes from our school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment