Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 06:53 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,247,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumking55 View Post
So I am just going to elaborate in more detail. One day at work, I asked a question about the chatting software the team was using. I had tagged or asked the question directly to another co-worker about the problem. I was already stressed because the store manager I was calling was un-cooperative. I asked the question, and 1) the manager responded in a rude condescending way with a long paragraph. Even before this event, this had been a recurring thing.

Later that day, he pulled me into the office to talk about a different client location assignment. I had told him I called the client we were working with, and they had 2) said everything was running smoothly. When I told my manager that he replied "do you believe them?" and starts laughing. That's when 3) I talked back to him because I was very angry. The clients we called did not like to answer the phone or could put you on hold for over 20-50 minutes. Some of the client's locations did not want to be called after 5 p.m. because it is a terrible time to do business.4) I had gotten scolded by the client's managers on the phone about saying call in the morning. We were however working off the west coast, and I was calling the east coast. 5) I had to do these things first thing in the morning which led to the location being busy, clients not picking up, etc. Between these things, the Manager breathing down my neck, and getting scolded by clients' managers I began to break down and became irritable. I then started to hate the job. 6) My manager wanted me to keep calling, I was taking different approaches to contact the client like email for example.

I think him assigning things on my day off was more of a way to set me up to fail. The manager that next week had assigned me that sheet assignment with a tough deadline and vague directions. to 7) set me up to fail probably to document it and get me fired.

I do not know exactly why I was let go as the recruiting agency said "It was nothing bad". They wouldn't tell me the exact reason. 8) Could it be these events? or something else? or overthinking it?
1) That's a sign that you're not getting it and he has to continually explain things to you when you should be able to figure it out by now.

2) Clearly indicating that you are not in tune with the client. At all.

3) Stupid.

4) When the client is complaining, you are sucking at your job.

5) What time is "fist thing in the morning" for you? Our west coasters frequently have 6:00am meetings (9:00am for our eastern clients). When you are a contractor working for a client, you serve them and their needs on their schedule.

6) Didn't follow manager's directions, and you're surprised?

7) Not necessary since you were failing just fine on your own.

8) You are completely clueless about your performance. Maybe your stress was part of you realizing that you weren't doing well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 10:17 AM

46,991 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
I agree that it's not worth worrying about.

AND if you do bring up that job in the interview, talk about the fact that you had a six month contract that they extended to nine months due to your superior performance. =)
Good advice right there.

Old 06-12-2022, 10:19 AM

46,991 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
4) When the client is complaining, you are sucking at your job.
That sure depends on the client. There is no lack of companies who consider contract employees meat robots to be sucked dry and cast aside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment