Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2019, 02:39 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,430,111 times

Advertisements

For those of you that have many options from where you can work from, what kind of environment are you most productive in? At home? In the office? Elsewhere?

I have come to realize that I am super productive when I work from coffee shops. I am not interrupted by anyone, and at the same time I don't get distracted from stuff at home. At the office I am constantly getting interrupted by people that just want to chit chat, or because we have an open plan office, it gets really hard and can be hard to focus.

At home, I am a little more productive than in the office, but sometimes I can be worse. I might decide to do laundry while I am working or other tasks, as breaks which can add up throughout the day. I also might integrate errands throughout my day if I work from home. Sometimes I might also decide to have the TV or a movie playing in the background which add to the distraction.

Now coffee shops, man I am so productive. I get little to no interruptions and because I am not home I am not tempted to do any tasks or errands while doing work. I think I am going to start working more and more from coffee shops. I also like the vibe a lot more at a coffee shop. It's not isolating but also not so distracting and chit chatty.

Curious how it is for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 04:30 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,933,655 times
Completely depends on what I'm working on. There are times I need to be face to face with certain people to be productive, there are times I need to talk to people in a group setting, there are times I need to be heads down working on something without being interrupted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment