Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 04:05 PM

377 posts, read 382,506 times

Advertisements

Back in high school I worked at a Taco Bell in Florida.

I loved the job at first, I was appointed to be shift manager, learned to work with and lead a great group of people.

However, we got a new GM and he started screwing things up. On one Saturday (which is by far the busiest day of the week for an average fast food store) he took 3/4 of my employees to run a mobile taco bell stand at a nearby football game.

We were getting absolutely crushed. I only had 3 employees to run the entire store and we had people lined up in the drive thru and every table filled in the lobby. Obviously the customers were getting angry at the long waits and started to show their frustration. I had to give a bunch of refunds.

I tried to call the GM but he didnt answer his phone. After about 3 hours of getting slammed with no help in sight, I went into the office, scrawled out a notice of resignation, and left out the back door. I told my most senior employee to close the lobby down and only do drive thru service until the GM got back.

After about 4 hours, I get a voicemail from the GM begging me to come back! Even after I rage quit and closed the lobby (which is a HUGE no-no in the fast food industry).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 10:30 PM

34,048 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Almost. When a boss indicated he was going around me planning on firing a young, hard working mom 2 weeks before Christmas who reported to me, I spent half an hour reaming him, and told him and his boss if he did not back off I would both return to ex corp who wanted me back, and 2nd disclose to multi billion corp VR of HR who interviewed me that my boss was an absolute drunk, getting intoxicated on corp property. He would have been fired, and his boss in deep doo doo for looking the other way.(I happened to be friends with police chiefs family, so easily could have had patrol car awaiting his Friday night past DUI exits.)

She stayed, I stayed, we both made far more very shortly, and ten months later, this young lady was doing payroll, and writing out my boss' last check. I met with corp early that week to finalize the details of his exit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment