Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 08:08 PM

213 posts, read 206,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
This store sounds really strange(this union too), when you joined the union(usually 90 days after hire) you should have received a contract book which would list company rules, union dues and how they are paid, what workers are paid, etc.. You should have a union rep AT the store that can answer any questions or find the answers.

How did your Boss pay you "extra" for good work?

Supervisors don't usually "process" checks, persons in Payroll do, they look at the timeclock logs and enter that info into their payroll program.
She gave me a card with a barcode on it. I could use it to pay for stuff in-store. I've already used it.

I dunno, this is my first store and second job only, I wouldn't know if they were doing something incorrectly or not. The checks are kept in a drawer upfront. They unlock it and give it to you and you go cash it at a check-cashing place or get in line and have it cashed by a checker/anyone who knows how to operate the register.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
How are the union people changing what your dues are? Dues are in your contract.

Our General Labor people make more than you and those are considered entry level jobs and those people usually move on to higher paying positions, we have NO part-time workers, everyone is 40hrs.
They are taking 25 plus the leftover 75 initial fee out of my checks gradually. 7 dollars per check was the lowest they could go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 10:00 PM

213 posts, read 206,767 times
So my "bi-polar" supervisor is back to treating me like I am the scum of the earth. One minute she is singing my praises like there is no tomorrow, and the next minute she is treating me with utter, open contempt. This is the same one that awarded me an extra 5 bucks. Now she refuses to give me my check and literally just ignores my presence like I was a ghost. She makes me miserable.

Luckily I got more hours/days next week. Bad part is I get to spend them with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment