Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,305 times

Advertisements

My Husband got wrongful terminated from the Houston SPCA on Tuesday June 8th.
they informed him he was gonna get his check cut on the followed Friday.
he waited a whole week and nothing in the mail.
When he called the former job, they told him the check was sent on monday 13th. but since they sent it to the wrong address they had to wait till the check comes back from the post office and issue a new one....
My husband called again today because we checked under the Texas law, he should had got his paycheck within 6 days from his last day of work and it has been 21 days of no paycheck; and they told him they were gonna cut another check today june 28th and this time they were going to charge him a $15 fee and the actual paycheck will be send this coming friday!. how much longer are they going to drag this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 05:36 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,841,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzybad View Post
My Husband got wrongful terminated from the Houston SPCA on Tuesday June 8th.
they informed him he was gonna get his check cut on the followed Friday.
he waited a whole week and nothing in the mail.
When he called the former job, they told him the check was sent on monday 13th. but since they sent it to the wrong address they had to wait till the check comes back from the post office and issue a new one....
My husband called again today because we checked under the Texas law, he should had got his paycheck within 6 days from his last day of work and it has been 21 days of no paycheck; and they told him they were gonna cut another check today june 28th and this time they were going to charge him a $15 fee and the actual paycheck will be send this coming friday!. how much longer are they going to drag this?
You need to contact the Texas Workforce Commission - TWC first thing Monday morning and report in detail all that has transpired to date. Here is their contact site with all of their contact info: Need Help? Have a Question?

The one you should contact first -- by PHONE -- from this page is: Job Seekers and Employees Home Page

Email: laborinfo@twc.state.tx.us

Phone: (800) 832-2829

Again, call them first instead of just sending an email. Tell them exactly what has happened about being terminated, when, why, etc., and all that you've been told by the employer regarding his last paycheck, including the fee charge.

TWC will tell you what steps you need to take next to clear this up... or they may refer you to a different office... be sure you write down all the info they give you and follow it to a tee.

And, if your husband has not already filed for unemployment, he should do that immediately. Be sure to ask about this as well when you talk to them on the phone. He can do this online at the TWC
Texas Workforce Unemployment Benefits site.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:22 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,650,584 times
As always the law is highly dependent on your state.

For example in the state of Rhode Island-- ALL nonexempt employees MUST be paid weekly. Period. If I recall it is the only state in the union that has this requirement. Other states have different laws.

The laws even change for when an employee can expect pay after termination. There are requirements for a voluntary termination versus an involuntary termination.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:11 PM

2 posts, read 8,374 times
Centra and Co Advantage are companies that practice this type of abuse with employees. I must admit with all the personal problems I did not inform them that i closed my direct deposit in one bank and open it in another, however, when i spoke with the manager of Centra health-solutions he said the check was returned and i would have to wait a week for a hard check. Guess what it's Friday a week and now they are saying the check was just sent back-i have not gotten paid. I will check into the wage hour division, a lawyer and anything that will discredit this company. PT's PTA's, OT's and COTA's please be aware of these two companies they do not take care of there employee's.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 8,374 times
CoAdavantage and Centra healthsolutions pay only there employees working on site any traveling therapists will not get paid on time. Please avoid these two companies there are many agencies out there that will treat you as a family. Are there any other therapist that have had problems with these two companies please send a post. It time for an class action suit and penalties for companies who abuse the rights of being paid in maryland.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,244 times
I work for a temp agency and last week didn't get my check, they insist it was mailed and must have been lost. I was told I had to wait 10 days before they would issu a new check. I asked them to please stop payment on that check and re-issu my pay check and they refused.

Is there anything I can do?

Old 09-20-2012, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,172 times
My daughter was to get paid today but her boss was late turning time in so my daughter did not get paid today.. she gets paid every 2 weeks..is there any thing she can do...

Old 09-20-2012, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 6,172 times
She has been there 4 years never had a problem before..is there anything she can do..

Old 09-20-2012, 05:02 PM

653 posts, read 1,808,029 times
Well sometimes these things happen. She should get paid.

Otherwise, your options depend on what state you're in.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:06 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,862,513 times
Wait til tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment