Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 05:37 AM

535 posts, read 1,747,979 times

Advertisements

Last fall I interviewed for a job at a medical facility. I'd be backup admin and would help the IT director plan a move into a new building. The first interview went well but they did say they had a few more people to talk to. No problem, give me a call. Then I was called back for another interview, this time a meet and greet with the staff. That went ok except for a guy whom I had as a student was in there and he wasn't too happy to see me (sorry, but if you cheat on your final, I'm flunking you). That went ok and I was called in for a 3rd interview, this time with the IT director and the other department heads - docs, etc. That went really well. A week later I was called back for a 4th interview, this time with their advisory board.

That one was different. They started asking technical questions. A lot of them. Then someone slid a floorplan over to me and asked how I'd do something. I checked the block on the drawing....this was their new building plan. I was thinking "WTF?". We talked over it, I pointed to some areas that I had concern over, after 2 hours we left.

2 weeks, no contact. I email a friend that worked there and was on the interview team. They had planned on hiring another personbut wanted my advise on designing the IT layout of their new building, hence giving me a floorplan to markup. 2 weeks after that I received a call asking me to come in for another interview, I declined. It had been 3 months since the original interview and I had put too much time into it and moved on.

My replacement started, lasted a month then left. They called me afterwards to ask me if I was still interested. :P

4 months for an offer....which was LESS than I was already making! :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment