Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 10:25 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,761,583 times

Advertisements

I was a manager in a brokerage firm and we were moving offices and required all hands on deck to help out with the move over the weekend. The boss told me to get 50 pizza pies for everyone. So my boss shows up at lunch to said he's ordering lunch for workers. While I was helping setup the pizzas for everyone. He grabs me and said I should join him for lunch.

So he ordered like a full room of gourmet sandwiches, wines, and cheeses all setup in a conference room. Only the managers were allowed to eat there. I sort of felt bad because I personally rather eat with the regular folks than have lunch with other managers and have smack talk in front of the boss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 10:43 AM

856 posts, read 1,054,665 times
Exclamation Free Seafood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataaround View Post
So here's something that happened at work . . . . .

We had some important people come for a presentation by the higher-ups and afterward they all went out to a fancy restaurant for lunch.

When they came back I saw one of the higher-ups put a few containers down in the pantry area where people leave food for others such as cookies they baked, gift treats, snacks, etc. on the way to her office.

A few hours later I passed by and was mortified to see that what was left was seafood, and it had been sitting there for all that time.

A co-worker saw me looking and said people had thought it was odd that the higher-up had brought us leftovers .. Normally leftovers are for yourself, your pet, or the homeless.

I like my 'left-over' story better:

Each Christmas, the owners of the company would buy several cases of liquor and distribute bottles to the various buyers of our product.

(This was obviously back when handing out booz was considered normal and expected. This was also back when putting a bottle of JD on the desk of the purchasing agent started a conversation that ended in a contract.)

Anyway, the booz was all top-drawer stuff.

Once they had made their rounds of company clients, the left-over cases would sit in their office, of no further use or interest.

So, each year, guess who was allowed to pick through the cases, taking 'one of each' home for his liquor pantry?

No smelly fish here.

LOL!

Paul..............

Old 10-14-2015, 12:32 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,227,427 times
If the seafood was bad then don't eat it. I don't eat seafood period but, things like mayo and eggs you need to make sure that hasn't gone bad either.

Honestly if they bring food and you can take some why not?

I worked at a clinic for 2 years and NEVER brought my lunch because the drugs reps would bring in food and it wouldn't all get eaten. I got a good lunch everyday out of it for free. I probably saved a ton of money. My current job they get sandwiches left over. I like to take one home for dinner. I never complain about food that I can make a free meal out of.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:34 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,579,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Is that some new syndrome or phobia?

Do you go out to eat?
LOL, this is in reference to the Seinfeld show about double dipping, I think. Hilarious. About how some people at a party will dip a cracker into the dip, take a bite, then put the saliva-covered cracker back into the dip. YUCK!

Yeah, I also wondered if the boss' slobbered-on fork had been on that fish, too.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:41 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,333,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
LOL, this is in reference to the Seinfeld show about double dipping, I think. Hilarious. About how some people at a party will dip a cracker into the dip, take a bite, then put the saliva-covered cracker back into the dip. YUCK!

Yeah, I also wondered if the boss' slobbered-on fork had been on that fish, too.

I see, I haven't watched television in about 20 years, hence the reason I had to ask.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:49 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,579,748 times
Quote:
I see, I haven't watched television in about 20 years, hence the reason I had to ask.
Here you go. It's just a minute long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY2T_fDQi4g

Cracks me up.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:16 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,035,776 times
Quote:
That skit is probably that old.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:20 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,749,277 times
You must work for the Whambulance Dept

Old 10-14-2015, 03:54 PM

6,242 posts, read 3,623,769 times
How much productivity did employees lose by texting among themselves about seafood lovers?

Old 10-14-2015, 04:02 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,266,084 times
That's how the firm carries out downsizing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment