Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 492 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever had a problem with their co-workers who doesn't seem to admit their wrongs? Guess I wouldn't really give any concerns about whether or not they own up to a mistake they make, but; how do you handle it when almost all of their mistakes or their forgotten incidents that causes a bit of stir somehow always connects to your name even though it has nothing to do with you?

I'm not saying I've never made any minor mistakes at work. I did, and one time I made my biggest one and I confronted my boss straightaway and apologized repeatedly and even more sincerely than I did before, so really I'm saying; I've never blamed anyone for my mistake. But all of them can seem to wrongfully drag me into the situation without feeling guilt?

I work at a very small company that's doing some big businesses. You know how 'small companies' are, everyone does almost everything out of their department, sometimes a little too much out of their department that causes some drops of mistake sprinkles around because it gets quite unorganized and messy. Which is how some of my own little mistakes are made because I'm either given too little time to juggle tasks out of my league, and even at those times my lazier co-workers can even push the things they're suppose to do so they can get some little free time.

Okay back to the point. One of my jobs that used to be my co-workers(my boss's cousin) task was given to me months ago. He walked me through how to do it. Follow the date the order was opened, and add 14 days more onto it. Say the order was opened on the 10th, I add in extra 14 days which equals to the 24th. That is what he told me to do every time I type in the list of items that needs to be repaired by our workshops department.

I have found it a little iffy because some times, the orders opened aren't collected back to our company straightaway, at times it can range from 5 days later to 2 weeks. So, it won't be fair to the other orders that are collected by us. I've suggested that we shouldn't follow the date we opened the order from, but instead, follow on when we've collected, because it wouldn't be right to open order on the 10th, collect it on the 20th and the person must have it back by the 24th because our work progress is at least a minimum 10 days. But he insisted that it'll be very confusing and that he has always did it this way, and I should follow him so our workshop won't be baffled and become a stranger at the sudden change.

It has been a little over five months now and all of a sudden, as I worked up a new batch of lists for the workshop, my coworker says that I'm writing it wrong. That they can't get it done in 4 days. I told him what he walked me through continuously, that he said it was fine because the workshop department will adjust it themselves. But, he ignores what I say as he goes on to lecture me that it's impossible to get these things done within 4 days, it must be at least ten days to say. So now I am changing all the dates on the list.

Expressing this issue I'm having with my coworkers is an option that leads to nowhere no matter how constantly this seems to happen, I was even blamed before for something opened on the day I was on leave Lol. My boss has confronted me before on a mistake that wasn't made by me and it had signature evidence too, but he lectured me away after I've told him that I wasn't the person who was managing this case. He was always very quick to think it is that person instead of surveying what happened.

Maybe I should search for a better work environment(other things with more negativity have happened here, but it's not for this post, not today ), but I'll put this aside. Cause really I vented here because I suffer in silence in real, never told anyone. I suffer with depression, anxiety and recently bipolar is starting to surface too, and it's making it a bit harder for me to sweep my frustration and annoyance under the carpet so writing it down helps, and being heard now helps a bit more. Thanks for listening guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment