Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:48 PM

160 posts, read 267,181 times

Advertisements

She is very sarcastic in general and speaks in a very harsh tone. Can I complain to HR about the tone she uses that I find offensive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 09:49 PM

531 posts, read 1,177,428 times
sit down and talk to your boss first before you complain to HR

Old 05-01-2014, 09:53 PM

I have spoken with her before and she seems to understand and agree but then she continues to speak in such a rude accusatory manner(its not just to me) to everyone except her favorites.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:29 PM

820 posts, read 1,209,220 times
No you will be labeled as a problem employee.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:39 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,901,711 times
Are you sure you're not the problem? Are you sure she doesn't actually hate you, rather than simply the other way around?

I'm not blaming you. But when you hate your boss, you can be pretty sure she hates you too. (Trust me, this was one of my biggest "a ha" moments of a fairly successful career thus far, when I stopped focusing on how much I hated my horrible boss - and trust me, she was horrible - and I realized, wow, *she* really thinks *I'm* the a-hole in this relationship!)

If you decide to work on the relationship, figure out what makes her tick, what her priorities are, what her stressors are, etc. Spend MORE time together. If you feel it's not worth the effort to fix the relationship, then it's beyond hope. But if you make an effort, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that she starts to meet you halfway.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbelle View Post
Are you sure you're not the problem? Are you sure she doesn't actually hate you, rather than simply the other way around?

I'm not blaming you. But when you hate your boss, you can be pretty sure she hates you too. (Trust me, this was one of my biggest "a ha" moments of a fairly successful career thus far, when I stopped focusing on how much I hated my horrible boss - and trust me, she was horrible - and I realized, wow, *she* really thinks *I'm* the a-hole in this relationship!)

If you decide to work on the relationship, figure out what makes her tick, what her priorities are, what her stressors are, etc. Spend MORE time together. If you feel it's not worth the effort to fix the relationship, then it's beyond hope. But if you make an effort, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that she starts to meet you halfway.

It started I think with her not liking me and now I really do not like her at all. She is incompetent in what she does and does not like being wrong, even when she is. I tried to like her but I do not trust her and would never let my guard fully down with her. I do not really care if she like me or not, all I expect is for her to conduct herself in professional manner as I am expected to.

Also, she is lazy and I do not respect her work ethic.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:58 PM

531 posts, read 1,177,428 times
#1) Can you afford to loose this job if things didn't turn out the way you like it?
#2) Do you have someone higher up in that food chain that can back you up?
#3) Are other employees going to complain to HR with you or are you a solo fighter?
#4) Are you buddy with a HR that maybe you can casually talk about your boss's behavior to him/her?

If you answer No to all of above, don't do it!

Old 05-01-2014, 11:58 PM

151 posts, read 258,172 times
If you like your job and would like to stay there, here is one tip for you. Ignore your boss bad qualities and focus on her good ones. For example, she volunteered for charities. Try to remember something she has done for you that you appreciated. When you think like that, you will be much more comfortable with her and she will like you more. If you keep focusing on the negatives and hate her, your boss will senses it for sure. Human are expert at reading body language, you can't hide your disdain for someone. You need to "rewrite realities" and convince yourself that you like your boss and she is a decent human being. For example, if you are driving and someone cut you off and almost hit you, naturally you would be pissed and curse at the idiot. However, you can rewrite reality by convincing yourself that the driver that cut you off had a baby that is very sick and needs to go to the emergency room immediately. Practice this and you will be less angry. If you can't do this, then you should find a new job. You will almost always lose when you butt head with your boss. Your HR office and other managers will almost always support your boss over you. Of course, unless you know that the other managers hate your boss, and the HR office needs just another reason to fire her, then you go ahead and make the complain. But that is ussually not the case. Bad bosses last forever.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:46 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
No one likes being wrong.... at least not anyone I have ever met.

Try to "hit reset" and start over as much as you can.

If I didn't have to deal with anyone I didn't like or respect at my job, I wouldn't have anything to do.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:18 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenale View Post
She is very sarcastic in general and speaks in a very harsh tone. Can I complain to HR about the tone she uses that I find offensive?
Never talk to H/R, never trust H/R, never respect H/R.

Search for a new job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment