Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 02:35 PM

533 posts, read 1,113,073 times

Advertisements

Please tell me I'm normal.

I just got home and realized I may have made a mistake on part of an assignment I was given (it's one of those situations like when you can't remember whether or not you turned your oven off before you left the house... like I just don't remember if I did the project assignment the correct way. ****.). Not to mention I made some dumb errors over the last few days.

I'm super Type-A, so making mistakes/errors is SO embarrassing for me. Plus, I moved really far out of state for this job, so I'd hate to keep screwing up and then lose it during the probationary period and have to move home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 02:36 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,521,352 times
Most new jobs suck the first 6 months to 1 year. It's a HUGE adjustment period. We all go through it. Give yourself a break and allow yourself to go through the natural learning curve. See if you can find an informal mentor or buddy. Try to research things yourself BUT don't be afraid to ask questions if you can't find what you need on your own.

I'm sure you'll pick things up in due time.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:38 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,441,511 times
The learning curve at many jobs is six months to a year. Your management team should understand this. I wouldn't worry about it. We all put a ton of pressure on ourselves to be perfect from day one.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:46 PM

189 posts, read 239,946 times
It seems that you are not embaressed to use F word on a public forum. Forgive me if my mention of this makes you uncomfortable.

Don't be so harsh on yourself. You just start this job, it will get better and better. If it is necessary, do some practice work on your own time.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:52 PM

533 posts, read 1,113,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBookofLife View Post
It seems that you are not embaressed to use F word on a public forum. Forgive me if my mention of this makes you uncomfortable.

Don't be so harsh on yourself. You just start this job, it will get better and better. If it is necessary, do some practice work on your own time.
It's a "public" forum... but also anonymous. You don't know who I am. So, yeah, I don't give a "f*ck" about saying the word "f*ck" online. Your opinion doesn't make me uncomfortable, I just don't see how it's relevant.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggumbo View Post
It's a "public" forum... but also anonymous. You don't know who I am. So, yeah, I don't give a "f*ck" about saying the word "f*ck" online. Your opinion doesn't make me uncomfortable, I just don't see how it's relevant.
If you don't see there is a problem, then there is no problem. My eyes are not very use to see this word and it is on your title of this post so It is inevitable to see. You get so ofensive of this, it says a lot about you. I will shun your post in the future. I admit it is my faul that I even click your post at the first time.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:14 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,504,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggumbo View Post
Please tell me I'm normal.

I just got home and realized I may have made a mistake on part of an assignment I was given (it's one of those situations like when you can't remember whether or not you turned your oven off before you left the house... like I just don't remember if I did the project assignment the correct way. ****.). Not to mention I made some dumb errors over the last few days.

I'm super Type-A, so making mistakes/errors is SO embarrassing for me. Plus, I moved really far out of state for this job, so I'd hate to keep screwing up and then lose it during the probationary period and have to move home.
You are super normal :-)

Old 12-06-2013, 03:14 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,402,399 times
Quote:

Yeah, I mean he could misspell **** all the time, leave definite articles (like the word "the") out of his sentences or something truly embarrassing like that.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
Yeah, I mean he could misspell **** all the time, leave definite articles (like the word "the") out of his sentences or something truly embarrassing like that.
I don't know what to say.
I can only speak my native language perfectly.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:23 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,402,399 times
Quote:
I don't know what to say.
I can only speak my native language perfectly.
Then it might be best to not call others out on theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment