Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 03:21 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,727,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
If you were using Outlook, did you know that you can recall a message before it is read? Since you realized it as soon as you hit "send," you could have done this. I have done this once or twice when I made a mistake. BTW, Person B never confronted you?
This was years ago, years. ago. Kind of pointless now, was just sharing the story.

No, she glared at me once, but that's about it. It was a decent sized company, we didn't have to see each other if we didn't want to, which I did not want to. Anything work related between her department and mine was strictly business.

I wasn't even worried about it, how it made her feel. She was such a nasty hag to me when I first got in to her department, I wasn't sorry for what I said about her....which, again, was tame. She said worse, much worse, about me...but, never was dumb enough to send it to me on accident. hahahahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 06:44 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,984,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
If you were using Outlook, did you know that you can recall a message before it is read? Since you realized it as soon as you hit "send," you could have done this. I have done this once or twice when I made a mistake. BTW, Person B never confronted you?
That only works if both the sender and receiver get their emails from an Exchange server, which means most likely you are using your work emails. Even then there are conditions where it won't work. If either the sender or receiver are using personal email accounts (or work accounts that don't use Exchange) the recall feature is useless.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:11 AM

552 posts, read 834,581 times
never complain about someone of talk trash about someone at work in a documenting media ( text,email, recorded call).

This way, it's your word against theirs if you get accused of something :-)

Old 06-13-2014, 09:28 AM

125 posts, read 169,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoma11 View Post
never complain about someone of talk trash about someone at work in a documenting media ( text,email, recorded call).

This way, it's your word against theirs if you get accused of something :-)

That's great advice & I agree with it- but a lot of people forget about that in the heat of the moment. Texting is so rampant now and people can't keep their grubby fingers off their phones.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:59 AM

2,120 posts, read 1,790,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macluffy View Post
Fired????? But whatever for?? Gee whiz- if this was a call to be fired no one would have a job. If the c#$t teacher has such thin skin how does she deal with children? If I had received such a text I would not have said anything - just out of propriety. Even though she was the subject of the text, she was not the intended recipient. For her to say anything would be almost as bad as the original texting, in my mind. It is as if a person is correcting someone's bad manners- you just don't do that. I am pretty certain the sender probably realized her fatal mistake after the fact. The sender should not say anything- nor the receiver.

She went to the principal?? Gah what a trouble maker! That other teacher was right- she IS a (bad word). Get a life, lady!

This happened to me- once- I was the sender! I would have been more embarrassed if the accidental recipient AND subject weren't so insufferable. Not only did she receive the message (it was over IM- remember that at work?) but she also sat adjacent to me in the office. After I sent it- but SHE got it- I heard an evil snicker coming from her, sitting next to me. She was actually gloating over the fact that I mis-sent the message. How weird. What was the message: "If I hear this lady talk about her friggin' diet one more time...."

it wasn't THAT bad. My face was red, however. Hey at least she got the message! Maybe it's a good thing that teacher got the message that she is a c^&t, in a way.
While usually I would agree that something like that doesn't warrant more than talk with management the message in the OP is different in that the sender threatened violence. It's possible that the sender would never actually resort to violence but it's unfortunately possible that given even a minor trigger the sender would throw that punch.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:24 AM

4,268 posts, read 8,170,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
I've never seen that recall feature work the way it's supposed to. I haven't used it myself but I've just seen a message sent, and then the person sends another message that wants to recall the original message - while the original message just sits there....making me want to read it all the more now

Maybe they did something wrong.

Anyways, this subject makes me laugh. I've seen so many people do this. The worst was my friend who was having a full on email conversation with another friend about how she was cheating on her fiance - we are talking full details here..then the subject changes to weekend plans and she then forwards the entire 3 day thread to her fiance Needless to say they did NOT get married.
I have found that the recall feature works the best when you do a Recall and Replace with a new message

Old 06-17-2014, 10:08 PM

4 posts, read 4,942 times
I've done that before....she could of sent an follow up text saying..." (friend's name who was called a ****) I thought that was shocking until I seen the episode where he kills Louis.

followed by another message saying "(friends name who was called a ****) family guy makes the simpsons look like mr. rogers. "

then wait 10 minutes and send a follow up text saying "(friends name who was called a ****) woops sorry I was having a conversation with my other friend named (friends name who was called a ****) we were having a conversation the other day about cartoons and how they have changed.

she would have thought that her phone had some setting where the beginning of each text is set to insert the name of the recipient at the beginning of the message. White Lies.......

Old 03-06-2016, 10:30 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Ok............this one is strange. Maybe not. Someone I know works as a preschool teacher, and shares a room with another teacher. My friend received a text message from her co-teacher, clearly meant for someone else, reading something along the lines of this:

"(My friend's real name) is a c*** (rhymes with punt) and I want to punch her in the face"

My friend asked her co-teacher about it, who responded with something along the lines of "haha someone hacked my phone haha." My friend then went to her boss, who as of now, has not taken any action that we know of.

It is a small preschool, so there is not really an HR to intervene. I am not sure what to make of it, if the co-teacher were to be fired, she would have to know why; and if the co-teacher were not to be fired my friend would have to continue working with this person. The relationship has changed the past few days, wonder what my friend should do?

Would be better if the Principal just patches them up and they move on.. The Pre school teachers go through so much everyday. Its a stressful job to handle multiple nuisances at the same time day in and day out ( kids ) .

Old 12-23-2017, 11:35 PM

323 posts, read 218,986 times
You all don't deserve to be working in a preschool

Old 12-23-2017, 11:48 PM

436 posts, read 302,344 times
If she says her phone was hacked, then it is possibly true.

Leave it at that. And wonder why anyone would think of you as a you know what.

Maybe the text was true, if so, solution would be to just figure out what was going wrong.

But the text certainly taught the sender a lesson, if it was intentional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment