Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 06:33 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
The problem with those seat protectors is, the fact that you can see through them does not exactly instill confidence in people. Just imagine all those rogue herpes germs crawling onto your tush right through those trillions of tiny holes in the paper. Eeeew.
ROFL. An overactive imagination can be scarier than reality. But, I always double up on those sheets, at least. I doubt anyone has ever caught herpes from a toilet seat.

Do you know, I posted this morning about someone who pissed all over the seat--and then when I was leaving the office tonight, I went into the same stall and the yellow drops are there AGAIN--on the same side of the seat as this morning, too. So whoever this is, she's somehow leaning to one side and peeing on one side of the toilet bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 12:02 AM

59 posts, read 198,677 times
There is a certain spice/smell I absolutely find unappealing and that is fenugreek. It is a common spice in Indian food. Any pregnant woman or breastfeeding woman can tell you all about fenugreek and how it smells since it's a common supplement to increase milk supply.

Well, in men's restrooms we have urinals which tend to leave lingering odors more than women's restrooms that only have full blown toilets. Well I happen to work in an environment that has a high proportion of people from India and let me tell you there is nothing worse than walking in to a restroom that reeks of fenugreek infused urine.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:41 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadisssss View Post
There is a certain spice/smell I absolutely find unappealing and that is fenugreek. It is a common spice in Indian food. Any pregnant woman or breastfeeding woman can tell you all about fenugreek and how it smells since it's a common supplement to increase milk supply.

Well, in men's restrooms we have urinals which tend to leave lingering odors more than women's restrooms that only have full blown toilets. Well I happen to work in an environment that has a high proportion of people from India and let me tell you there is nothing worse than walking in to a restroom that reeks of fenugreek infused urine.
I don't think I've ever read this anywhere else before. Congratulations on your original information!

Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple socks View Post
This thread cracks me up.

I used to work in a factory that had dirty bathrooms for a while (no cleaning person?) and I wrote a nice little poem changing the words to the Night Before Christmas to something about the dirty toilets and black specks all over the seat. I hung it in the bathroom.
I would LOVE to hear your poem. Please post, if you can remember.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 PM

54 posts, read 86,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkballs View Post
Hi everyone so at work there is one bathroom where all the employees use. Everytime I use the toilet I've seen like blood on the seat or like black stuff on the seat. That is really gross. It's like why do I have to clean up after someone who just used the toilet. Every time I use the toilet I make sure the seat is clean and I put the lid down. I do this because I don't want people talking about me like who's the gross person who left the toilet seat dirty. I'm wondering why my coworkers are such dirtballs. Do they not care what others think?
I don't think that's dirt. I heard that womens bathrooms/toilets are nasty. There are nasty people everywhere. I suggest wiping the seat down with soap thoroughly if you choose to sit on it. Also, do not use your bare hand when you use any door handles. Regarding about your coworkers being dirtballs? Well, I guess asking them wouldn't hurt.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
I just poop at home.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:19 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
The reference towards the south is MEXICO.........I live there and the it is correct regarding the plumbing etc.

They use a 2" or 3" pipe instead of a larger diameter to a Septic Tank.

I built my own home (Architect) using a 3" and 4' drain pipe where needed.

Had a couple of Mexican friends come over once in a while.

My bathroom in the computer room has a small waste bskt under the sink for Kleenex etc.

This bathroom smelled terrible for a long time no matter how much I cleaned the sink/toilet/floor with disinfectants etc.

One day I checked the small waste bskt and it was half full of tissue they had used for wiping........heck I never used it too much as there was a large one next to my desk for waste paper from the printer etc.

Majority of the homes here use a Septic and NO city connections.

TP tissue sold is Biodegradable so there is NO reason to NOT flush down the drain.

NO matter where you go to a Mexican Restroom (public/business) there will be the smell.

This smell is also found on the US side in San Ysidro restrooms open to the public (won't mention the well known eating names etc)......the habit is carried over.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 6,787 times
I call it grit (the black lines of dirt on the toilet seat). Its from sweat and oils in between the thighs. Nasty, but mostly from obese people who havent cleaned their folds of skin and fat throughout the day.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:12 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,285,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkballs View Post
Hi everyone so at work there is one bathroom where all the employees use. Everytime I use the toilet I've seen like blood on the seat or like black stuff on the seat. That is really gross. It's like why do I have to clean up after someone who just used the toilet. Every time I use the toilet I make sure the seat is clean and I put the lid down. I do this because I don't want people talking about me like who's the gross person who left the toilet seat dirty. I'm wondering why my coworkers are such dirtballs. Do they not care what others think?
You are expected to bring in your own cleaning supplies: vinyl disposable gloves, clorox wipes, a mask, hand soap and roll of normal toilet paper from home. Purchase a metal case from Staples, and put a big sign on it that says "Bathroom cleaning kit" and keep it next to your desk so people can ask you about it. Then submit the costs for the supplies on your expense report.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:33 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
I could never get comfortable to take a number 2 at work. I don't know how people do it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment