Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:35 PM

334 posts, read 450,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Some clients do request an observed drug screen on all patients but most just require that DOT regulations are followed, with the drug screen collector standing outside the single-stall restroom door. The water will be turned off so you can't flush the toilet or wash your hands.
When I had mine they had private stalls and towelette wipes to clean your hands.

They also put bluing in the toilet so you don't try to use that water for your sample, I asked the nurse if some are that stupid, she said yes, that's why they do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,485 times
my back is killing me a day later, had to do occupational training. arms sore as hell, back sore as well.

was dripping with sweat.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,921,886 times
You mean a person of the opposite sex cannot be with you during the urine specimen.....that would ruin my day.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:04 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,851,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperCheck View Post
When I had mine they had private stalls and towelette wipes to clean your hands.

They also put bluing in the toilet so you don't try to use that water for your sample, I asked the nurse if some are that stupid, she said yes, that's why they do it.
I could write a book on the incredibly stupid ways people tamper with drug screens.

Some people dilute their urine with water from the toilet. The bluing in the water turns their urine green if they do this. One girl tried to tell me she had dropped a Tic Tac in the cup accidentally!

Old 03-22-2013, 10:17 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
not with a man no
Ok but why do you fear it enough to start a thread about it?

Old 03-23-2013, 10:58 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,671,485 times
I drive a school bus and have to undergo an annual physical. It is pretty much identical to a DOT physical although we do not need a card. The facilities we are sent to also do DOT physicals and I pay extra to get a card in case I want to do some commercial driving on the side.

Anyway, on the school bus physical form it asks if we would "consent to a genitalia check" ...you initial "yes" or "no". What I've always wondered is why the hell would anybody consent to have their junk messed with if it's not required???

Old 03-23-2013, 12:50 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Maybe that is the only way they get any.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:14 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,851,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Anyway, on the school bus physical form it asks if we would "consent to a genitalia check" ...you initial "yes" or "no". What I've always wondered is why the hell would anybody consent to have their junk messed with if it's not required???

Most of our patients decline the genitalia check, but some do consent to it. I think it is because they don't have their own physician or haven't had a checkup for quite some time.

Occasionally we have women ask if they can get a pap smear while they get their DOT physical because they are due, or overdue, and don't have either a physician and/or insurance.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 17,535 times
It is June 2014. I just refused the abusive hernia exam by a creepy nurse obsessed with the testicle procedure, asking questions like you have two testicles, I need to touch it, she needs to put her finger up. Wait a minute, she needs to put her finger up where ? Whhere exactly? What are the procedures? Well, the procedures are as flexible as their fingers are. Where are they going with their fingers? Up my anus? Touch and Squeeze my testicles? Where do they produce these touching someone elses private parts of the body creeps? Who authorizes this should get his head examined or maybe played with up his. What kind of men you are truck drivers for allowing this to happen to you? How touching my private parts has become the only way for some stranger nurse or some doc to diagnose me whether I am fit or unfit to operate commercial vehicles???!!! It's nonsense. It's sexuall harrasment. It's a scam like moest of it, and it costs you money. It cost me money and time. You bet, you are the only one who can make truck driving safe. No qualcommes, no fingers up anus or squeezing balls will help. Good pay, quality time off, enough sleep in between drving. That's it.

Here is the answer how to pass the exam without being sexually harassed. How about farting out loud to fend off from perverts only too eager to put their hands where they do not belong?? "You know you have a hernia, and you are nauseous and vomiting or are unable to have a bowel movement or pass wind." Maybe "PASSING LOTS OF WIND" will help instead of being abused by creeps and being at the same time forced to pay for being abused???

Old 06-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times

FWIW, this thread reminded me of these billboards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment